WordFlow (Swype-style) keyboard in Windows 10?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Does Windows 10 offer the WordFlow keyboard found in Windows Phone 8.1? There were reports last year that Microsoft would bring this feature to W10, but I've heard nothing recently. This would be a great addition for smaller tablets.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. I hope that this is still to come. The touch keyboard does have predictive text like WP8.1 which is very nice, but I do find myself longing for swipe on my Surface 3.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. I hope that this is still to come. The touch keyboard does have predictive text like WP8.1 which is very nice, but I do find myself longing for swipe on my Surface 3.
The main reason why I'm using an Android tablet, rather than a Windows tablet is because typing on a Windows tablet is too much of a chore without WordFlow or SwiftKey.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
At some point I'll have to see if there's already a User Voice suggestion I can vote for. Just bring my entire WP keyboard over to W10, including my custom dictionary, all tied to my account. And how about text expansion while we're at it so I can just type a short code that becomes my email address or some other frequently entered text string. Speaking of which, why doesn't the custom dictionary support the @ sign so we can add email addresses?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
They've made some nice improvements to the touch keyboard for Windows 10 versus 8.1, namely the wider keys, slightly better arrangement, and better location for autocorrection and just plain better autocorrection.

But it definitely could use the wordflow/swype type of action.

Windows 10 is just so buggy at this point. I know the updates are coming fast and soon but it's still painful at this point.

Mhaat

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Waiting does have the benefit of bringing about good things...seriously? no 'app', or "program" as we used to call them hehe...why?

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I found Swype on my Nokia phone many years ago and now love it on my latest Lumia.
I just got the Surface Book that I'm very happy with (always a MS fan...) but I cant believe it came without WordFlow/Swype.
I'm checking all the news on the upcoming Anniversary Update, hoping to find something about it there...COME ON MICROSOFT!!!!!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !

wbadry

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that until this moment no microsoft swype keyboard released for windows tablets. They focus on o the platforms. I really can't figure that out.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Patrick Shipway

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
I used to use TouchPal and loved it before all the Ads, and heck I'd take those even now on a Windows 10 device but alas there isn't an option for any Swyping style keyboard out there still...ugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro