Upgrading Small Tablets to Windows 10

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've searched and searched but have so far found nothing about this, excuse me if this hasnt been posted.

Does the Windows 10 upgrade work on small tablets? So far all ive found are people manually installing the ISOs and drivers which is a mess.

Can anyone confirm it working on a 32GB windows tablet?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
To my knowledge, most tablets are Windows 8 with Bing, and MSFT mentioned they hadn't finalised how to upgrade these versions.
I might be wrong, or using outdated information...

G.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
upgraded my hp pavilion x2 10 2in1 (32GB) with 8.1+Bing to windows 10. It will remove the wimboot partition and you basically get that space back (+/- 2-3GB). after the upgrade, you will get windows 10 home.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've searched and searched but have so far found nothing about this, excuse me if this hasnt been posted.

Does the Windows 10 upgrade work on small tablets? So far all ive found are people manually installing the ISOs and drivers which is a mess.

Can anyone confirm it working on a 32GB windows tablet?
I had it running on a Dell Venue Pro 8 inch with 32gb hard drive. All was running well, but I rolled back to 8.1 because I wasn't a fan of the edge browser for tablets.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had it running on a Dell Venue Pro 8 inch with 32gb hard drive. All was running well, but I rolled back to 8.1 because I wasn't a fan of the edge browser for tablets.
Did you have to do anything to make it work? I think I did not have enough disk space when I tried the first time and I got a 'Something happened' error message. Now I am downloading the OS on USB stick and deleted what I could, including the recovery partition.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to do anything to make it work? I think I did not have enough disk space when I tried the first time and I got a 'Something happened' error message. Now I am downloading the OS on USB stick and deleted what I could, including the recovery partition.

To me is help factory reset, restoring initial state, then immediate upgrade via downloading mediacreationtool.exe and then choosing upgrade.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I have an SD card. When I used the ISO tool and installed directly it gave me the option to store the download files on the SD card. Everything went smooth once I tried using the ISO tool.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I installed Win10 on my HP Stream 7 via Windows Update as an in-place upgrade this morning. Went fine -- actually, it went much faster than I expected. I wish MS gave some more tips on "tablet mode" vs "desktop mode" on tablets, though, as I couldn't find my way back into OneDrive settings after telling it not to sync anything at first while in tablet mode (no icons on taskbar in tablet mode).

wpguy007

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded my Acer W4 last weekend.

Initially after the upgrade, there was some screen lag but after Windows 10 installed some updates and restarted, it was smooth.

Installed mine by extracting the Win 10 installation files from the ISO and running the setup from my SD card. Needed at least 6 gb free. The installation took some time and had me worried that it was stuck. Fortunately, it installed successfully and there was no major issues.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated an Acer Iconia W3-810 with 32 GB successfully. However, OneDrive had completely filled the rest of available memory, and clearing 15 GB of free space would be a challenge, so I did a Keep Nothing upgrade with a USB stick. Worked fine.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed Win10 on my HP Stream 7 via Windows Update as an in-place upgrade this morning. Went fine -- actually, it went much faster than I expected. I wish MS gave some more tips on "tablet mode" vs "desktop mode" on tablets, though, as I couldn't find my way back into OneDrive settings after telling it not to sync anything at first while in tablet mode (no icons on taskbar in tablet mode).
In tablet mode, hold the finger on taskbar until menu pop-up then choose Show all notification icons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss