Windows 7 MSDN iso?

Masrati

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have recently had to reinstall windows on my girlfriends PC, I have a valid key and what I thought was the correct Windows 7 Pro disk. However after installing it and trying to enter the key it just gives me an error which says its not for that SKU.
I have tried phoning to activate and got told eventually it was a key for an MSDN version, but I haven't yet been able to get through to the MSDN helpline and the other MS helplines are awful, when I can hear the other person it takes a while for each of us to understand each other!

What I would like to know is, is there a way to get hold of an MSDN iso? I have been on the MSDN site but as I don't have a subscription now I can't download from there. We had put Ubuntu on as an OS, its good but she requires windows for a few items so it would be nice to reinstall the same version she already had!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have an active MSDN subscription, then you don't have the right to use that ISO.

You're also not allowed to install MSDN images onto personal computers - those images are for corporate testing use only.

Buy an appropriate license for the intended use.

Masrati

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This was obtained legitimately through a student deal, the information Microsoft themselves have given me is that it is valid and I am within my right to use it. I believe I originally downloaded it through digitalriver but they are no more, so that is no longer a valid option and the key wont work on the MS site so I am now looking for a valid way to obtain a legal iso.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb