I have recently had to reinstall windows on my girlfriends PC, I have a valid key and what I thought was the correct Windows 7 Pro disk. However after installing it and trying to enter the key it just gives me an error which says its not for that SKU.
    I have tried phoning to activate and got told eventually it was a key for an MSDN version, but I haven't yet been able to get through to the MSDN helpline and the other MS helplines are awful, when I can hear the other person it takes a while for each of us to understand each other!

What I would like to know is, is there a way to get hold of an MSDN iso? I have been on the MSDN site but as I don't have a subscription now I can't download from there. We had put Ubuntu on as an OS, its good but she requires windows for a few items so it would be nice to reinstall the same version she already had!
    08-11-2015 05:53 AM
    If you don't have an active MSDN subscription, then you don't have the right to use that ISO.

You're also not allowed to install MSDN images onto personal computers - those images are for corporate testing use only.

Buy an appropriate license for the intended use.
    08-11-2015 06:03 AM
    This was obtained legitimately through a student deal, the information Microsoft themselves have given me is that it is valid and I am within my right to use it. I believe I originally downloaded it through digitalriver but they are no more, so that is no longer a valid option and the key wont work on the MS site so I am now looking for a valid way to obtain a legal iso.
    08-11-2015 10:19 AM