Windows RT tablet + Miracast for streaming

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've been doing some research on Miracast and never knew how convenient this technology is! I don't have a Smart TV but I like to stream Netflix and other services, and my BluRay player's apps are outdated junk now. Right now I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and a 20 foot HDMI cable to stream netflix and youtube (total pain). I was thinking about getting a cheap RT device (I've seen Lumia 2520's going for $140) and getting a Miracast adapter for my TV. Have any of you guys tried this? How is the performance? How is the netflix app on RT? I was planning to hook up the miracast adapter to my HDMI 5.1 receiver, which plugs into the TV. Can miracast output 5.1? Thanks for any answers!

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
miracast is hit and miss. I've used it and it can be good, but it can get frustrating, too. so far, its improved greatly since it was 1st released, and microsoft's wireless dispay adapter is actually pretty good compared to the old actiontecs. at the moment, i don't think is exactly the highest quality connection for a home entertainment system.

you're better bet would be to spend $135 on a intel compute stick or similar, then control that with mouse without borders on your phone. or similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro