Less than $200, but is 32GB of storage enough?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
These new Acer Cloudbook Ones seem like a great deal for students, online classes, casual Internet browsing, email etc. Basically, all the things you'd do with a "Chromebook", but with a real, full OS; Windows 10. The only problem I see is the very limited 32GB of storage. Seeing that Windows 10 and all of it's subsequent updates will take up nearly half of that, it doesn't leave room for much of anything else.

Maybe once Microsoft enables installing apps to secondary drives/locations (SD card anyone?), and they address the issue of Onedrive as people were used to using it with the placeholders, this won't be such a problem. But as it stands right now, the 32GB of storage might be something that steers buyers away.

Discuss...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
When I first read the name, I was excited.... "...CLOUD.." So I figured it would be like the chromebook, but it isn't because w10 is installed on the device itself :/ which as you pointed out could be disastrous in the long run, if you have a lot of files.. Then again an external hd could solve that issue..

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
The main question is can you play Minecraft on it? My brother wants to get one for his 10 year old daughter, but if she can't play Minecraft that is a deal breaker LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss