Stylus Pen

Kazekage1981

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I really don't get the point of OEMS coming out with 2 in 1 laptop/tablet hybrid and all in 1 PCs with no stylus pen support. On top of that, there is no Windows phone with stylus pen support either. I am not talking about those crappy pens with rubber stoppers to use with Ipads and others. I am talking about the fine tip stylus pens used in Samsung galaxy note series, Microsoft surface pro series. Even if I wanted to purchase a tablet/laptop with stylus pen, there is very limited selection, insane price point $800 and up, short battery life, huge lag when writing (no 1 to 1 touch with 2056 levels of pressure).

I want a decent size tablet screen with 1080p Full HD minimum resolution, 1x USB port 3.0, with fine tip stylus pen support for under $500.

Yes I gave all the recommendations to Microsoft, AMD, and Samsung. :angry:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really don't get the point of OEMS coming out with 2 in 1 laptop/tablet hybrid and all in 1 PCs with no stylus pen support. On top of that, there is no Windows phone with stylus pen support either. I am not talking about those crappy pens with rubber stoppers to use with Ipads and others. I am talking about the fine tip stylus pens used in Samsung galaxy note series, Microsoft surface pro series. Even if I wanted to purchase a tablet/laptop with stylus pen, there is very limited selection, insane price point $800 and up, short battery life, huge lag when writing (no 1 to 1 touch with 2056 levels of pressure).

I want a decent size tablet screen with 1080p Full HD minimum resolution, 1x USB port 3.0, with fine tip stylus pen support for under $500.

Yes I gave all the recommendations to Microsoft, AMD, and Samsung. :angry:

There's no stylus support in Windows Phone currently period, so that's inherent unfortunately.

As for the 2-in-1's OEMs decide what goes into a product. Stylus support is a feature that is often cut because any reason including but not limited to cost, likelihood of use, etc. I got a digitizer-equipped 2-in-1 but I often use the tablet mode without the pen. I do draw and write though with it at times.

Well, you have options. I picked up my ThinkPad Yoga (first-gen) fairly well-equipped (i7, 256 GB SSD, pen) a few months ago for under $800 used/refurbished online. 12.5" 1080p display, battery life ranges from 5 hours to 10 hours, from moderate web usage to just idling during class, Wacom, 2 USB 3.0 ports...

But wait, under $500? I think that might be pushing it a bit. You may get lucky with older models and secondhand stuff. You can probably get a Surface Pro 2 depending or a Dell Venue 11 Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa