People (and websites that review computers) are forgetting very key details so I thought I would add my own thoughts.

Surface Pro 3 vs. iPad Pro

#1 - The Surface runs FULL Windows. The iPad Pro runs iOS.

#2 - The Surface has a USB port and a DisplayPort as well as a docking station that adds plenty more ports (including Ethernet) through the charging port. The iPad has a lightning port that can charge a pencil. Unless Apple figures out some serious way to incorporate a file explorer with SanDisk's iXpand into iOS and not through other apps I would believe there are going to be issues. The iPad also does not support multiple monitors which if you have ever used them is very helpful in productivity.

#3 - I see a very big problem for the iPad Pro. The stylus charges through the lightning port and has, I believe, hours of use. So say hypothetically my iPad pro is running low on battery so I plug it in to charge. How do I charge my stylus if it is dead?

#4 - Many review sites say the iPad Pro processor is far superior already. Now, I will give them a little benefit of the doubt since no one has used it, but I find it hard to believe a processor on a MOBILE OS can match up to an Intel core i7 that can power multiple monitors.

#5 - RAM - Why is Apple holding back on announcing this statistic? I'm assuming it's because it is low... Again, I could be wrong here. No one is sure at this point.

#6 - Keyboard - unless you bought the original surface you have no appreciation of the advancements towards the newer Surface keyboard. Not sure if the iPad has backlit keys but just in functionality the surface keyboard folds up on the magnet for sturdiness and has backlit keys.

#7 - mouse/touchpad - EVERYONE has had trouble at some point on every touchscreen device of being unable to use a website because of certain drop down menus or some other reason just because it was designed for a mouse. I think being able to point with a curser adds HUGE advantages in productivity let alone less frustration.

#8 Kickstand - the iPad pro kickstand is basically like the Lumia 2520 which is much less functional than the new Surface Pro 3 Kickstand or the Lenovo Miix 700

Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions
    Last edited by ja206; 09-10-2015 at 07:01 AM.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-09-2015 07:26 PM
    Deja vu, same arguments put forward when RT was released, didnt make a difference to consumers. Same will happen here, pro users will stick with the pro tool, consumers will be dazzled by the ipad and it'll sell boatloads. No amount of posting in forums or on tech sites will change that.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-09-2015 08:33 PM
    Don't worry, I am sure that they will have a $50 dollar stand to charge you pencil separately 😁.

On a serious note, the tilt concept looks interesting. Also, I am interested to see how the accurate it is as compared to sp4.

But yah, for me sp4 is the way to go as I will get a full desktop computer out if it.
    09-09-2015 08:41 PM
    Deja vu, same arguments put forward when RT was released, didnt make a difference to consumers. Same will happen here, pro users will stick with the pro tool, consumers will be dazzled by the ipad and it'll sell boatloads. No amount of posting in forums or on tech sites will change that
    I agree with you about the posting not going to change much I was just looking another opinion. I'm just confused on how tech review sites over look some obvious comparisons. They are quick to say the iPad has a superior quality screen (which it does... however the surface pro 3 is not a new device) but fail to mention some of the other points
    09-09-2015 08:41 PM
    Don't worry, I am sure that they will have a $50 dollar stand to charge you pencil separately ��.

On a serious note, the tilt concept looks interesting. Also, I am interested to see how the accurate it is as compared to sp4.

But yah, for me sp4 is the way to go as I will get a full desktop computer out if it.
    Which tilt concept? and the charging stand would be funny
    09-09-2015 08:43 PM
    There is a reason why Apple never tells us about RAM. It is because it's always lower than competition. I assume 4GB.
    09-09-2015 08:45 PM
    There is a reason why Apple never tells us about RAM. It is because it's always lower than competition. I assume 4GB.
    iOS seems to do alright with lower amounts of RAM and since it can't multitask or split screen near as well I guess it doesn't need it
    09-09-2015 08:51 PM
    Which tilt concept? and the charging stand would be funny
    The apple pencil measures the tilt angle of the stylus to give you realistic reproduction as if you have the pen tilted (e.G. When drawing with a pencil on the side).

Most other stylii? measure only position and pressure.
    09-10-2015 05:04 AM