There are rumors of a new Surface device!

I have a Surface 2, and the lag in basic browsing is starting to drive me crazy. Is this lag as apparent on the Surface 3? It's also odd to have the "Pro" and the "Consumer" device launches not synced right now in regards to Surface 3 and Surface Pro 4. If you were to buy a Surface right now, for basic (but speedy) computing with budget in mind. Would you...

A) Buy a Surface 3
    B) Buy a Surface Pro 3 (i3)
    C) Wait for the "4's"
    09-18-2015 01:16 PM
    It's really a combination of usage and money. I had the original Surface and currently have the best version of the Surface Pro 3.
    The original Surface was great for some couch surfing, but was a bit slow outside of Office (which worked great). My SP3 is used as my primary development machine and it's a rockstar. No issues...ever.
    That being said, what are your intentions? If you have the money wait a month for the SP4. Or wait for the SP3 to go on sale. Or buy a used SP3 (that's what I did and saved $600 buying it from an Apple guy who only turned it on a couple of times). The Surface 3 has a great, updated Atom processor in it, so it will be MUCH faster than your Surface 2. It's got a smaller screen and my eyes aren't as good, so I won't be getting one for myself, but I will be buying one for my kids. And at my daughter's school I heard they were going to try them out and if they work, move to using them as teacher presentation machines.
    rmeigs likes this.
    09-18-2015 01:49 PM
    I will be holding onto the Surface 2 for the sake of free Office. I need my next device to be relatively lag-free. Especially with multiple tabs open (up to 8) in the internet browser, and not lag when simply navagating "back".
    Simple, lag free browsing. Email. Very basic computing.
    09-18-2015 04:06 PM
    This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ion-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.
    09-18-2015 10:07 PM
    Surface 3 & Pro 3 & 4 won't have lag for 8 tabs.
    09-19-2015 02:06 AM
    I really want a Surface, and I'm planning on buying one in the future.
    I'd probably wait for the Surface 4.
    09-19-2015 05:57 AM
    I've read that the Surface 3 suffers from the same lag that RT models struggled with. Looking for real world experience?
    09-19-2015 03:15 PM
    I've read that the Surface 3 suffers from the same lag that RT models struggled with. Looking for real world experience?
    Is that on the 2/64 or the 4/128 model of the Surface 3?

I am looking at getting a Surface to replace my Asus T100TA that get wonky with browsing and searching. I too am looking to do just the basics with a new tablet, and looking at the Surface 3 4/128, Pro 3 i3/i5, or maybe Pro 4 or one of the upcoming clones.

I know one person with the Surface 3 4/128, they have no lag what so ever.
    09-21-2015 07:49 PM