10-24-2016 01:53 AM
157 1234 ...
tools
    suurrfaaaceee all the waaayyy!!
    10-01-2015 08:57 AM
    All so similar, i'd go with the surface for the office suite.
    10-01-2015 08:58 AM
    If those are my choices, whichever one isn't Apple and isn't Google.
    Leonel Funes likes this.
    10-01-2015 09:37 AM
    Surface Pro 3.
    10-01-2015 10:17 AM
    A bunch of sales department folks at my previous company were let go a few months back. They all had iPads provided by the company. Pretty much most of them have ventured out as independent re-sellers running their own small business and every last one of them that I have talked to has gone out and bought a Surface Pro 3. When they had to plunk down their own money whilst trying to build their business and limited cash flow they chose something that gave them the maximum bang for the buck in terms of productivity. People are voting with their wallets.

And in case we forget, imitation is the best form of flattery.
    A comic predicted Apple inventing Microsoft's Surface three years ago | The Verge
    10-01-2015 01:16 PM
    Don't tell me.. Android Central says Android, imore says iSurface...?

Edit: That **** on imore who is going to ditch his Surface for an iPad lol
    There's a lot of love for the Surface on AC, except primarily for the moderator...
    Then, over at iMore, they're mostly blind...

And I saw that post - "I already have a Surface Pro 3, and would happily replace it with the iPad if it works better (which I really hope it does)". I needed a good laugh anyway!
    MrElectrifyer likes this.
    10-01-2015 01:27 PM
    This can't be a serious question. Those other 2 devices don't hold a candle to the Surface.

Went and looked at the Android and Apple forums. Someone on the Android forum actually chose the iPad second because he said he liked that "little pencil thing". You know, cuz Apple invented the stylus. It's revolutionary now that they took something already in existence and renamed it.
    Last edited by to_be_announced; 10-01-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    10-01-2015 01:59 PM
    Way ahead of you - it's on those as well. The responses are interesting
    Ah, "interesting"!?!?
    my abs.. in.. stitches... roflmao roflmao.gif

Edit: Thanks for the laughs man, the responses are just hilarious!
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 10-01-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    10-01-2015 02:22 PM
    I would personally say that surface wins hands down here in terms of productivity, and as has been said above imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I think its also telling that before the surface came along these standard of devices were being marketed as non productivity services but now we have the success of the surface these companies are trying to tout productivity as the increasing selling point.

Ultimately, though, if you like a device get it - it's up to you not what anyone else thinks.
    Last edited by Muessig; 10-02-2015 at 01:52 AM.
    10-01-2015 02:45 PM
    That's true too! Microsoft is far from perfect! It's just that over at Android Central it seems there's a tad mit more fanboyism - but he does give the iPad Pro a break for the Pencil... Like I said, just pick your poison...
    To be honest ...

On Windows Central -- there will be Microsoft fanboys. Why? Because -- This site is FOR those people.
    On iMore -- There will be Apple fanboys. Why? Because -- That site is FOR those people.
    On AC -- See the trend?

Now that being said -- It doesn't mean everyone will feel that way but asking in an area where more people lean one way since they may be on that site due to liking that OS/Brand, well, it is pretty obvious as to why you get some of the results you do.
    tgp and Muessig like this.
    10-01-2015 03:33 PM
    To be honest ...

On Windows Central -- there will be Microsoft fanboys. Why? Because -- This site is FOR those people.
    On iMore -- There will be Apple fanboys. Why? Because -- That site is FOR those people.
    On AC -- See the trend?

What trend?

7loyt.jpg
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-01-2015 03:36 PM
    What trend?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7loyt.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	113325
    Lol ^_^.
    10-01-2015 03:38 PM
    To be honest ...

On AC -- See the trend?

Now that being said -- It doesn't mean everyone will feel that way but asking in an area where more people lean one way since they may be on that site due to liking that OS/Brand, well, it is pretty obvious as to why you get some of the results you do.
    It is weird.. I thought we were expressing our opinions, but apparently the request was for an objective scientific review of their various merits in different arenas. To be clear, my position was based on their utility as tablets and not as laptop replacements, but I do see how people misconstrued it.

Here is my philosophy on "best products": Buy what you like, love what you bought.
    10-01-2015 03:53 PM
    This can't be a serious question. Those other 2 devices don't hold a candle to the Surface.

Went and looked at the Android and Apple forums. Someone on the Android forum actually chose the iPad second because he said he liked that "little pencil thing". You know, cuz Apple invented the stylus. It's revolutionary now that they took something already in existence and renamed it.
    "Someone" from AC chose the iPad as second place because it is a better tablet than the Surface. And it was specific that the only thing the iPad had over the Pixel was the "pencil thing".
    10-01-2015 04:00 PM
    "Someone" from AC chose the iPad as second place because it is a better tablet than the Surface.
    100% disagree. Also, they chose the iPad PRO over the Surface PRO; both devices that are aimed at people that want to do more with their tablet than play some little games and surf the net.
    ajj3085 likes this.
    10-01-2015 04:05 PM
    Way ahead of you - it's on those as well. The responses are interesting
    links please
    10-01-2015 04:06 PM
    100% disagree. Also, they chose the iPad PRO over the Surface PRO; both devices that are aimed at people that want to do more with their tablet than play some little games and surf the net.
    The "someone" that you're trolling about is me, so I believe that I know exactly what I was talking about. I also expressed my reasons very thoroughly for my opinion, but here is a recap:

1. Windows doesn't work for me as a tablet OS
    2. I don't enjoy Windows as a laptop platform.
    3. I greatly prefer Windows as a desktop OS where I can fully leverage the power of the OS
    4. I greatly prefer Android as a Tablet OS
    5. The hardware of the Pixel C presents the best value to me for a tablet, giving the fantastic screen and processor and the lower pricepoint.

I have no problem if other people like other things for themselves, but if you're going to ask me what device I want to buy for a tablet and then tell me I chose wrong - sorry, but there is no way that your ignorance of my preferences is my problem.
    10-01-2015 04:12 PM
    Buy what you like, love what you bought.
    It's a bit hard to be objective if there's no main forum for all (as far as I know) so we have three crowds and you're an 'outsider' if you express something different...

'Buy what you like, love what you bought.' In the end, that's what matters... Except if it's Android!
    Kidding, Android is great as well!
    Aquila likes this.
    10-01-2015 04:25 PM
    10-01-2015 04:27 PM
    The "someone" that you're trolling about is me, so I believe that I know exactly what I was talking about. I also expressed my reasons very thoroughly for my opinion, but here is a recap:

1. Windows doesn't work for me as a tablet OS
    2. I don't enjoy Windows as a laptop platform.
    3. I greatly prefer Windows as a desktop OS where I can fully leverage the power of the OS
    4. I greatly prefer Android as a Tablet OS
    5. The hardware of the Pixel C presents the best value to me for a tablet, giving the fantastic screen and processor and the lower pricepoint.

I have no problem if other people like other things for themselves, but if you're going to ask me what device I want to buy for a tablet and then tell me I chose wrong - sorry, but there is no way that your ignorance of my preferences is my problem.
    Nothing I said in the post you quoted me on was false. The OP was asking about the iPad Pro vs the Surface Pro vs the Android one. All devices geared towards productivity. You chose the Android one then chose the iPad second because of the "pencil" that costs an additional significant amount of $. I simply pointed out the irony of propping apple up for something that other devices have included for quite a while and that they are going to charge you a bunch of money for; a device that comes with the Surface.
    10-01-2015 04:39 PM
    It's a bit hard to be objective if there's no main forum for all (as far as I know) so we have three crowds and you're an 'outsider' if you express something different...

'Buy what you like, love what you bought.' In the end, that's what matters... Except if it's Android!
    Kidding, Android is great as well!
    Everyone likes different things and I definitely want it to stay that way. I definitely get the perspective that Surface fans are looking for a productivity devices - yeah the iPad Pro and the Pixel C are definitely not that. They are play things with a little bit of productivity spiced in there, so it's a totally different question for me. As a plaything the Surface rather sucks, because it is so productivity oriented. But as productivity devices, the other two rather suck. So depending on what you're planning to DO with it, you get a pretty different answer on what is actually better for that task.
    10-01-2015 04:39 PM
    As a plaything the Surface rather sucks, because it is so productivity oriented.
    Can you elaborate further on this?
    10-01-2015 04:42 PM
    Nothing I said in the post you quoted me on was false. The OP was asking about the iPad Pro vs the Surface Pro vs the Android one. All devices geared towards productivity. You chose the Android one then chose the iPad second because of the "pencil" that costs an additional significant amount of $. I simply pointed out the irony of propping apple up for something that other devices have included for quite a while and that they are going to charge you a bunch of money for; a device that comes with the Surface.
    Roger that. I meant that as the only advantage that I see of the iPad Pro over the Pixel C. The Pixel doesn't come with a stylus, so if a Stylus is important, then other choices would be better. I also do disagree that these devices are geared towards productivity. I believe the Surface certainly is, but that the other two are toys with keyboards for people who don't want to switch devices just because it becomes time to write a long email or something that an onscreen keyboard generally sucks at.
    10-01-2015 04:42 PM
    Can you explain this?
    The Surface, in my opinion, is for all intents and purposes a desktop/laptop OS on a laptop with a touch screen that has a lighter and more portable form factor than most laptops. It isn't meant to be a plaything (despite to having access to a much larger and much better library of games), so much as a, "this is the only device you might need" solution. It's good for students, personal computing and even enterprise. Because it is a PC.

The iPad and Pixel are toys; tablets. They have keyboards to enhance their greatest weakness - the fact that they suck at most productivity tasks. Obviously some people will use them for the same things they'd use a surface for, but the normal use of a tablet is for media consumption, tooling around and having a larger screen for things that you could do with a phone.

As tablets, my belief is that the tablets with tablet operating systems are better.
    10-01-2015 04:46 PM
    Everyone likes different things and I definitely want it to stay that way. I definitely get the perspective that Surface fans are looking for a productivity devices - yeah the iPad Pro and the Pixel C are definitely not that. They are play things with a little bit of productivity spiced in there, so it's a totally different question for me. As a plaything the Surface rather sucks, because it is so productivity oriented. But as productivity devices, the other two rather suck. So depending on what you're planning to DO with it, you get a pretty different answer on what is actually better for that task.
    If I had all three, they would each have a different purpose:
    Surface for heavy productivity (anything requiring x86 apps)
    Pixel for media and some light productivity
    iPad for backup if either die on me. It also functions as a paperweight.
    10-01-2015 04:47 PM
157 1234 ...