Your Choice: Microsoft vs Apple vs Google

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Your order is my choice. Surface will be the first one to choose from. pixel c will be the last device i would ever think to buy.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Lets see hmmm

Microsoft
New OS Windows 10
Surface 4 Pro XL

New OS Windows 10 Mobile
Lumia 950 XL

Now Apple....hmm..nothing

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The fact that the Pixel doesn't include a touchpad is a massive hint that it's not trying to be anything other than a tablet. It's a tablet you can occasionally type on. Given that, it's not in the same league as the Surface. And for a tablet, it's expensive.

People will buy the much cheaper iPads and use a Bluetooth keyboard. Hard for the average family to justify this pricing, especially when most have an iPad. Is it much better? No. Since it's got an Apple logo many will still sell though. The bright lights of the Apple store will jewelry store look has that allure that can't be resisted. (I've only just noticed that is the model used by Apple!)

Surface will remain a winner though in the crossover space because it is a real PC and a real tablet. Businesses will enjoy the full functionality they offer. So will everyone else. We haven't even seen the new models and already have a winner.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
A bunch of sales department folks at my previous company were let go a few months back. They all had iPads provided by the company. Pretty much most of them have ventured out as independent re-sellers running their own small business and every last one of them that I have talked to has gone out and bought a Surface Pro 3. When they had to plunk down their own money whilst trying to build their business and limited cash flow they chose something that gave them the maximum bang for the buck in terms of productivity. People are voting with their wallets.

And in case we forget, imitation is the best form of flattery.
A comic predicted Apple inventing Microsoft's Surface three years ago | The Verge

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't tell me.. Android Central says Android, imore says iSurface...?

Edit: That **** on imore who is going to ditch his Surface for an iPad lol

There's a lot of love for the Surface on AC, except primarily for the moderator...
Then, over at iMore, they're mostly blind...

And I saw that post - "I already have a Surface Pro 3, and would happily replace it with the iPad if it works better (which I really hope it does)". I needed a good laugh anyway!

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This can't be a serious question. Those other 2 devices don't hold a candle to the Surface.

Went and looked at the Android and Apple forums. Someone on the Android forum actually chose the iPad second because he said he liked that "little pencil thing". You know, cuz Apple invented the stylus. It's revolutionary now that they took something already in existence and renamed it.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would personally say that surface wins hands down here in terms of productivity, and as has been said above imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I think its also telling that before the surface came along these standard of devices were being marketed as non productivity services but now we have the success of the surface these companies are trying to tout productivity as the increasing selling point.

Ultimately, though, if you like a device get it - it's up to you not what anyone else thinks.

Last edited:

Almeuit

May 21, 2015
Visit site
That's true too! Microsoft is far from perfect! It's just that over at Android Central it seems there's a tad mit more fanboyism - but he does give the iPad Pro a break for the Pencil... Like I said, just pick your poison...

To be honest ...

On Windows Central -- there will be Microsoft fanboys. Why? Because -- This site is FOR those people.
On iMore -- There will be Apple fanboys. Why? Because -- That site is FOR those people.
On AC -- See the trend?

:wink:.

Now that being said -- It doesn't mean everyone will feel that way but asking in an area where more people lean one way since they may be on that site due to liking that OS/Brand, well, it is pretty obvious as to why you get some of the results you do.

Aquila

Alienware Rogue
May 14, 2013
Visit site
To be honest ...

On Windows Central -- there will be Microsoft fanboys. Why? Because -- This site is FOR those people.
On iMore -- There will be Apple fanboys. Why? Because -- That site is FOR those people.
On AC -- See the trend?

:wink:.

Now that being said -- It doesn't mean everyone will feel that way but asking in an area where more people lean one way since they may be on that site due to liking that OS/Brand, well, it is pretty obvious as to why you get some of the results you do.

It is weird.. I thought we were expressing our opinions, but apparently the request was for an objective scientific review of their various merits in different arenas. To be clear, my position was based on their utility as tablets and not as laptop replacements, but I do see how people misconstrued it.

Here is my philosophy on "best products": Buy what you like, love what you bought.

Aquila

Alienware Rogue
May 14, 2013
Visit site
This can't be a serious question. Those other 2 devices don't hold a candle to the Surface.

Went and looked at the Android and Apple forums. Someone on the Android forum actually chose the iPad second because he said he liked that "little pencil thing". You know, cuz Apple invented the stylus. It's revolutionary now that they took something already in existence and renamed it.

"Someone" from AC chose the iPad as second place because it is a better tablet than the Surface. And it was specific that the only thing the iPad had over the Pixel was the "pencil thing".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro