Windows Store is a Joke

rageofthemike

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I got my new HP Stream 7 less than 24 hours ago, I have not been able to update or install a single app on the thing from the Windows Store. Everytime I try to download an app it's either an error code, server timed out, etc. but there is nothing wrong with my wi-fi. Also the cmd > wsreset.exe does nothing. Any fixes? It's like MS engineered the store to be unusable.

PS My girlfriend bought a new laptop, same problem. Windows store doesn't let her dl any apps. Help would be greatly appreciated.

rageofthemike

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it was all the tweaking I did, or because of a different wi-fi connection, but the store seems more stable now. Also downloaded more than 1G worth of software.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
rule #1 in tech problems:

ITS NEVER USER ERROR. Blame the company, blame the electricity, but never EVERRRR blame the user or the environment.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it was all the tweaking I did, or because of a different wi-fi connection, but the store seems more stable now. Also downloaded more than 1G worth of software.

General things to try:

- check time/date/region
- remove your account and add it again
- reboot

Not of use to you at this point, but decided to post it anyways

rageofthemike

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Appreciated!

Haha, touche'. But to be fair, the user usually expects a product to come working out of the box, especially one from a reputable company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geodude074

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I remember when Windows 8 first came out, I tried installing a bunch of Windows Store apps. The experience was appalling, most of them froze up and went nowhere, with no explanation as to why they couldn't install.

I'm glad to see Microsoft finally got around to displaying an error message lol.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Appreciated!

Haha, touche'. But to be fair, the user usually expects a product to come working out of the box, especially one from a reputable company.

I understand and I'd be frustrated too, but hanging around this place has actually enhanced my knowledge of phones and pc's :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077