I would like to project my SP4 to my television via Miracast.

However, My Television is an older model and does not support Miracast. I was looking at the Microsoft Wireless adapter but my tv does not have USB ports to power the device.

I was thinking if it will be possible to plug the device into the HDMI and the USB into another device to power it. Example, an outlet like this (Amazon.com: Belkin 8 Outlet Surge Protector with USB: Electronics) with usb ports. Can I plug the HMDI into the TV and the USB end into this outlet. Will it work??

Or, can someone recommend another Miracast Dongle that will work with the SP4/Windows10 and does not require the USB power.
    11-01-2015 12:27 AM
    Bump this up
    11-01-2015 05:28 PM
    Solved. A lot of googling I found this:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=kd0-NlqF

Make sure the USB end of the Display Adapter is plugged into a USB power source.
    Note: If your TV does not have a USB port, you can use the port from a Surface Pro PSU or any other USB charger.
    You can use a USB extension cord if you need more length for your USB connector.
    11-01-2015 06:18 PM