I turned my older Toshiba Satellite laptop into a chromebook using the following methods:(edit: admin said I must have 10 posts to post links... Kinda new here so I don't have 10 yet. The method is using cloudready/neverware. If anyone's curious, googling that will find it)
    So I played with it a while and decided to reinstall windows 7 from boot dvd. Early in the installation a window popped up asking which partition I wanted to use (seems as though the chrome os installation partitioned my hd into 12 parts. There was only one partition with enough free space to use (300gb) so I selected that one. Another window said it couldn't install there because the partition was GPT type. Just for kicks, I tried all the others. Same result. It gives me the option to delete or format a drive but I'm not sure how to proceed. If I choose to format, will I be able to change the type from GPT, and if so, what should I change it to?
    11-01-2015 06:09 AM
    I suppose you have no data on the laptop since you're so adventurous to install chrome OS. So delete everything with W7 installation, your HD will empty and Windows will automatically create the required partitions for you.
    PrinceCorwin and RumoredNow like this.
    11-01-2015 06:42 AM
    Yes - you need to delete all the partitions and create a new one. the question is - who would put chrome OS on a Windows 7 machine. Never heard of virtual machines :O
    PrinceCorwin likes this.
    11-01-2015 06:43 AM
    Yes - you need to delete all the partitions and create a new one. the question is - who would put chrome OS on a Windows 7 machine. Never heard of virtual machines :O
    More like, ever heard of Google Chrome. They're the same thing in function, a mere web browser.
    Last edited by noersetiawan; 11-01-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    11-01-2015 07:35 AM
    More like, ever heard of Google Chrome. They're the same a thing in function, a mere web browser.
    Exactly why I want to go back to w7. Laptop was extremely slow and since I have a new one, I was just playing around.
    11-01-2015 07:49 AM
    I suppose you have no data on the laptop since you're so adventurous to install chrome OS. So delete everything with W7 installation, your HD will empty and Windows will automatically create the required partitions for you.
    I hope you're right. Gonna try when I get home. I'll post results
    11-01-2015 07:49 AM
    Do I do this from the BIOS?
    11-01-2015 08:20 AM
    If your PC is getting old try Linux, I also have a Satellite, since XP is no longer secure and W7 is too heavy, it's running latest Xubuntu LTS smoothly right now.

Anyway, you do it from W7 setup. The screen where you are asked to select the partition where Windows going to be installed, select each partition and tap delete.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-2015 08:39 AM
    Since you have another functioning computer, I highly recommend downloading and burning a copy of System Rescue CD. SystemRescueCd This is a must have utility for the adventurous teaching themselves new tricks, IMHO.

Enter BIOS on the afflicted unit and set boot priority to check for a disk first (you may have done this already preparatory to reinstalling 7) and let the SR CD boot your machine into Linux. Use GParted partitioning tool to erase and merge all the partitions and then format the one meta partition to NTFS.

Good Luck.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-2015 11:22 AM
    I had an issue where Chrome OS was loaded on a usb drive, and it messed up that drive. It was hard to get that fixed up. Took a lot of different programs to get it done.
    11-01-2015 02:06 PM