I need to replace my Apple Macbook running Windows 7. The battery life is failing after 4 years and some keys are looking their letters.

I am happy to spend up to 2000 Euro. I am looking for for light weight and speed. Half a TB storage and 8mb RAM should do it. Skylake chip for the battery life.

I certainly do not want Windows 10 as I want a workhorse laptop. Tried it. Hate it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Will the Dell xps13 run Windows 7?

Thanks
    Thomas
    11-02-2015 03:16 PM
    I need to replace my Apple Macbook running Windows 7. The battery life is failing after 4 years and some keys are looking their letters.

I am happy to spend up to 2000 Euro. I am looking for for light weight and speed. Half a TB storage and 8mb RAM should do it. Skylake chip for the battery life.

I certainly do not want Windows 10 as I want a workhorse laptop. Tried it. Hate it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Will the Dell xps13 run Windows 7?

Thanks
    Thomas
    "8mb RAM"
    Well I have a Palm PDA you might like. :)

The thing is, stuff is built for the OS is ships with and maybe later versions. I'm not sure if there's hard data out there on compatibility with 7 natively. If I absolutely positively needed something 7 I would probably go with a computer that shipped with 7. But I probably wouldn't and would get a PC I liked and tried to install it anyway. PC's are a lot less inhospitable to older OSes than phones.

What is the problem with Windows 10?
    Desktop Windows, like Android on phones, is rather open and can be modified to suit the user. (think replacement XP start menus, desktop mods, registry hacks, Stardock's products, modding out analytics or just moving the taskbar etc.)
    We can certainly help with that and it will likely be a more practical option.

Otherwise, I think I can say that most PCs will RUN 7, but how well it works remains to be seen.
    11-02-2015 04:21 PM