02-12-2016 01:24 PM
30 12
tools
    I got a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130

PROS:
    - Price: I got it for $500. This tablet includes a full windows copy and a 1080p screen. At $500, I would have only gotten a Surface 2 RT 32gb for the same price. Comparing Windows RT and dull windows, I had to go for the full Windows at the same price.
    - Reliability: For a cheap $500 tablet, it has been very reliable. I have had full size laptops that die on me within two years.
    - Removable battery: This is one of the few tablets in the market with a removable battery. This means that I could stick a new battery in when the current battery wears out. With other tablets, you would have to pay someone to disassemble the unit, or take the entire tablet apart yourself for a simple battery swap.
    - Battery life: There is a battery keyboard that boosts the battery life of the tablet by 4 hours. With the 8 hours of battery life with the tablet itself. The tablet with the battery keyboard can be a true battery monster.

CONS:
    - Edge Browser: With Windows 10 update, I have been having some mouse lags with the Edge browser. But there are other excellent browsers like Opera that I am using instead.
    - Micro SD slot: I need a pin tool to get it in and out. So it is hard to use the a lot regularly.
    - Speakers: While the quality is quite nice, I do not find the volume to be enough. Although, I have not had any other tablets, so this might be the norm for tablets.

Other than that, I am very satisfied with this tablet. So much so that I have recommended this to my mom and my girl friend.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10
    01-13-2016 08:40 PM
    I have tried a couple without success I am afraid. The first, a fusion 5 had a screen defect (dead pixels) and went back. The second, an Onda V919 Air seems to develop random lines that stretch from edge to edge of the screen, and perpendicular to both.

Guessing both are hardware defects?

Also can't seem to get the wireless on the Onda to see my WiFi (though the rest of our Windows phones and the iPad all see it fone.).
    01-15-2016 07:55 PM
    Offtop. Who know the Windows Tablet with ssd disk inside? (prefer chip chinise prod)
    01-18-2016 05:18 AM
    Going to try a Lenovo Miix next...otherwise I'll probably wait a while.
    01-18-2016 08:58 AM
    I use a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 often and I really like it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and It might be the best tablet I've ever used for my needs. They're also very affordable on Ebay nowadays. The only things I dislike are the 16:9 aspect ratio (Makes the tablet look like a giant phone in portrait mode lol) and the button placement.
    02-12-2016 01:24 PM
30 12