Laptop Purchase - hp spectre x360 v dell inspiron 7353

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I need to buy a new laptop. Whilst ideally I would buy a Surface Book but that would cost me a leg and an arm. Between hp spectre x360 (with core i7 5th generation) and dell inspiron 13 (7353) (with core i7 6th generation), which is a better option?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was doubting the same thing. I ruled out the Spectre because of the bad speakers. I really like to listen on my speakers. Not to mention, HP charges more for their accidental insurance. Then I considered the Inspiron 2-in-1 Special Edition, and I actually made a thread about it. The problem with it vs my Surface Pro 4, which I was trying to decide if I wanted a Dell, HP or Surface, was that those are PRIMARILY LAPTOPS, not TABLETS. I really love the portability of my Surface Pro 4. It works SO well as a tablet, so light, I can throw it in my bag and take it almost anywhere. A laptop option weighs more, is less comfortable in tablet mode and is much thicker. So I am deciding to stay with my Surface Pro 4.

But given the choice between the spectre and the dell... If money were no option, I'd probably go with the Spectre. But bang for the buck, I'd go with the Dell as it's 999 for the i7/8gb ram/256 SSD, and it's a very capable machine that should last years to come (as is the spectre). The problem with the dell is that... It's a little thicker and heavier than the Spectre. Here's a MobileTechReview that'll more or less show you the differences between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyA0RsDHnI0

Enjoy!

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for such a detailed response. I would love a surface pro but since my work requires a lot of time using the machine, I can't put the surface pro on the bed or my lap. So for me I would prefer an actual laptop which I can also use as a tablet occasionally. I have already checked out the attached review. I love the premium feel of spectre, as opposed to matte finish off dell's lid. Specs wise the only difference is core i7 5th generation and 6th generation. Price wise I am getting hp spectre cheaper than Dell Inspiron.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for such a detailed response. I would love a surface pro but since my work requires a lot of time using the machine, I can't put the surface pro on the bed or my lap. So for me I would prefer an actual laptop which I can also use as a tablet occasionally. I have already checked out the attached review. I love the premium feel of spectre, as opposed to matte finish off dell's lid. Specs wise the only difference is core i7 5th generation and 6th generation. Price wise I am getting hp spectre cheaper than Dell Inspiron.

In the end what did you get? :)

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It has a core i7, 5th gen, 8 GB ram and 512 GB SSD. It is feather light and so convenient to carry. And it is sexy AF. It actually looks better than the Surface Book or mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre