10-26-2018 02:46 AM
30 12
tools
    I agree with someone else on here - Dell used to be a good company but not any longer. My recent purchase had a hyper sensitive touchpad which tesulted in my unintentionally deleting six emails; a washed out screen and to cap it all it locked up so bad that even factory reset didn't work. To make matters infinitely worse I've been trying to return the wretched thing to get a refund only to run into all kinds of incompetence too tedious to relate. DELL SUCKS!
    04-23-2018 03:26 PM
    I've been very lucky with my Dell computers. I bought several XPS models and had good luck with all of them other than the occasional light bleed which is a sad reality with most lcd screens (even my macbook pros had it).

I was completely sold on Dell when my Alienware from Best Buy had light bleed Best Buy was NO help and refused to take the return. I contacted Dell who sent a tech to my work. The tech was a disaster and broke it further. A day after he put the new screen in the screen fell apart and the whole thing was a mess. I took photos and sent them to Dell. They asked me to send the old computer back to them.

They sent me a brand new upgraded model with double the ssd space. The one from Dell was perfect without any issues. Screen had no light bleed at all.

Their customer service, at least in the Alienware division, was outstanding.

I would have NO problems ordering another Dell XPS. It is true, however, that they tend to be overpriced :(
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-2018 10:40 PM
    At work we've recently rolled out almost 30 Dell XPS 13s. Admittedly, it wasn't perfect. One of them wouldn't boot, some of them having problems waking from sleep (not that uncommon for Windows), and sometimes they're slow to connect to wifi. Other than that, they've been rock solid. I have no problems recommending Dell laptops.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2018 04:07 PM
    I'll tell you why Dell sucks I just closed my Dell preferred account because they told me I could not buy a canvas 27 a Dell canvas 27 through my preferred account because it was considered business equipment then I had to talk to 8 people out of India one who said yes you can the other said no you cannot bye the Dell canvas through your preferred account. The only reason I got the account was to set up my art studio now I've had to close this account affecting my credit this just sucks Dell sucksooo
    10-18-2018 02:56 PM
    I am using a Dell i5 machine for the past 6 years now, and I would say it is still working at it's best. Yes, it might be possible the new ones are not up to that quality standard.
    10-26-2018 02:46 AM
30 12