Now if my internet isn't available, google chrome lets me play a game in the browser and when the internet is active, It redirects me to the page.

MS, can you just come up with similar user market innovations rather telling us how Cortana ALPHA, will help me find water when I get to MARS?
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-23-2016 08:43 AM
    I do sense some sarcasm, but just in case: No, I do NOT want my browser to do anything more than let me browse. I do NOT want this kind of Google bloat infesting my phone or computer.
    02-23-2016 08:56 AM
    I do sense some sarcasm, but just in case: No, I do NOT want my browser to do anything more than let me browse. I do NOT want this kind of Google bloat infesting my phone or computer.
    There was no bloat or no hack or No personal info that is sucking up ur credit card information. Nothing more than the data that u are sending MS on every update to tune your windows 10.

This is a simple program with a simple stickman like game, that doesn't hamper ur browsing or lags it As I didn't notice anything different. It did its job, when internet wasn't there, it let me,pass my time, It doesnt even ask do u wanna leave this page, it doesn't force u to stay, its upto u if u wanna play until it redirects u when internet returns or u may choose to access ur offline version of GMAIL if you don't wanna play it.

Certainly edge is not gonna let u browse when u don't have internet connection. Does it?

Just because windows fans hate google doesn't mean they go blind and criticize on small innovations that actually amuses the consumer if he didn't have anything better to do
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-23-2016 09:09 AM
    Lol there are plenty of games to play from the Store while you're offline.
    02-27-2016 12:41 AM
    Lol there are plenty of games to play from the Store while you're offline.
    Yaah! All I need to do is download them when I m offline or have it installed to my phone or system. Dude, If u want me to only praise blindly on wp, I can do that.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-27-2016 08:48 AM
    You know, Edge is not very good? It forced me to switch to something else when they abandoned IE development in its favor. I know its fixed now, but at launch you couldn't even "save as..."

After switching to Chrome it would be hard to go back. My history and bookmarks sync seemlessly. It automatically fills out form data for me. It has extensions that let me run my NAS more easily.
    emjey and xandros9 like this.
    02-27-2016 12:20 PM
    You know, Edge is not very good? It forced me to switch to something else when they abandoned IE development in its favor. I know its fixed now, but at launch you couldn't even "save as..."

After switching to Chrome it would be hard to go back. My history and bookmarks sync seemlessly. It automatically fills out form data for me. It has extensions that let me run my NAS more easily.
    Since I use Windows 10 mobile. Edge syncs my bookmarks with Windows 10 PC just fine. No Chrome for Windows 10 mobile. So I don't even bother with Chrome.
    02-28-2016 12:10 AM
    I'm from the pre-Google era where Software was supposed to do what was intended and nothing more. Like I said, I do _not_ want anything else than a browser if I download a browser. What else is hidden within that bloatware?
    02-29-2016 03:26 PM
    I'm from the pre-Google era where Software was supposed to do what was intended and nothing more. Like I said, I do _not_ want anything else than a browser if I download a browser. What else is hidden within that bloatware?
    It's not like Google invented easter eggs, extras, and other cool things you know.
    02-29-2016 10:19 PM
    I'm from the pre-Google era where Software was supposed to do what was intended and nothing more.
    You must really hate Cortana then, with all those unnecessary Halo-related replies and everything...
    Last edited by Arunabha Goswami; 03-01-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo
    emjey likes this.
    03-01-2016 12:58 AM
    I think it's a cool idea. And for those who don't like it (which I'm sure is the minority of users), it can be easily disabled through the command line.
    03-02-2016 06:37 AM
    How can't you love that game?! :D <3
    03-02-2016 06:41 AM
    You must really hate Cortana then, with all those unnecessary Halo-related replies and everything...
    Why? Cortana is a personal assistant... It does whatever a personal assistant does. A browser is a browser and should keep the footprint as small as possible.
    03-05-2016 07:04 AM
    Why? Cortana is a personal assistant... It does whatever a personal assistant does. A browser is a browser and should keep the footprint as small as possible.
    I think then you may want to throw away Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and try one of these!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...t_web_browsers
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-2016 02:43 PM
    I think then you may want to throw away Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and try one of these!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...t_web_browsers
    Which ones do not have Google's hairy eyeballs integrated?
    03-05-2016 03:31 PM
    Might suggest Lynx if you want a really pure browser experience. I mean Edge is full of bloatware by comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(..._rendering.png

EDIT:
    Chrome also includes touch gestures like swipe back which was part of internet explorer, and then only the modern browser, and then no browser. There's an icon that lets you mute sound from a tab if anything is playing in it. You can drag tabs back to another window (not just remove, but put them back). There's a lot of ways that bloatware makes chrome more efficient and edge seem infantile. It is strange because the history of microsoft and browsers is much older.
    Last edited by cracgor; 03-06-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    03-06-2016 09:59 AM
    Okay, I get it that some of you don't care what your software includes. I was voicing my standpoint on hidden code within other software and I'm actually surprised even a Moderator engaged in defending this behavior.
    03-07-2016 08:16 AM
    Moderator has his opinion and I agree with him. It'd be cool to have something similar in MS edge. It's strange, but now, when I try to get back to edge, I just can't make myself do it, because of Chrome at least feeling if not being better in most of the situations. Of course Chrome feeds on massive amounts of ram, but it seems to be still worth it. I wonder if MS will ever make web browser better than chrome, because for now it's not. So far it resembles ie very much (at least to me) and doesn't appear to have that "coolness" factor for me, unlike again, Chrome with it's little cute dinosaur jumping over cactuses.
    03-22-2016 08:07 PM
    Opera seems to be the best for my usage right now. They've recently put out v36 (Stable, not beta) which is "optimized for Windows 10."

Advantages:
    • Appears to be fast even on my narrow bandwidth connection
    • AB+ working hard
    • Choice of default search engine is broad
    • Very excellent Translator widget that lives on my address bar
    • Bookmarks, Speed Dial, etc. are very usable and nicely organized
    • Strong right click contextual options are very handy
    03-23-2016 11:59 AM
    There was no bloat or no hack or No personal info that is sucking up ur credit card information. Nothing more than the data that u are sending MS on every update to tune your windows 10.

This is a simple program with a simple stickman like game, that doesn't hamper ur browsing or lags it As I didn't notice anything different. It did its job, when internet wasn't there, it let me,pass my time, It doesnt even ask do u wanna leave this page, it doesn't force u to stay, its upto u if u wanna play until it redirects u when internet returns or u may choose to access ur offline version of GMAIL if you don't wanna play it.

Certainly edge is not gonna let u browse when u don't have internet connection. Does it?

Just because windows fans hate google doesn't mean they go blind and criticize on small innovations that actually amuses the consumer if he didn't have anything better to do
    That's not innovative. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.
    Lmao
    03-23-2016 12:05 PM
    I prefer Opera as well since (I think at the moment) Opera has better page-rendering than Chrome, better font size, better UI, and I like the way it reflows texts. The drawback I really face with Opera in compare to Chrome is that it is less (still) stable on my device.
    03-29-2016 04:54 PM