A tablet for A medicine student

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Fahmi Bassem Mukbil, a first year medicine student in Jordan, owns 735 + VAIO E series, planning to get a win10 tablet but don't know what to buy :\
Since I'll carry it with me everyday, it should be light+small, supports SIM card, long battery life, pen support
+It must be capable to run 3D apps, for anatomy as an example......any suggestions?

Thank you in advanced!

Sfigatto

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
You can try the surface 3, the 2gb RAM and 64gb storage here in Italy costs 499 euros with a one year office included, you can also get a 10% discount for students. But i believe that isn't sim capable...
Hope will be helpful ;)

RonWesley

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Surface Pro 4 to help me in my medical degrees. The battery life is adequate, between 8-12 hours depending on what I'm doing. In addition, the new pen is a massive upgrade.

BryanMahendra

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
On, medical school. I would recommend either a Surface Pro 4 or one of Apple's iPad (well in a couple of weeks the new Air 3 will come up).

A Surface Pro 4 is a great tablet pc if money is no problem, and you read and take notes a lot. Recommend hooking it up to giant 24-27 inch monitor with a higher than 1080p resolution for reading on the screen tirelessly. Surface is a great device since SP3, but I'm just worried it is not the right time to buy the devices, there are some fundamental flaws on the SP4/Sbook to make it long term reliable. Some people are still struggling on the Windows 10 itself, like power/sleep function (which is essential in an environment of Med School) for example. I just hope it is addressed on the next iteration of Surface Pro.

An iPad trumps in portability and easy accessibility, it is a great tool for just searching and referencing e-books, it may seem pricy but it is worth it as a medical apps tool/portable library. If you have an light ultrabook/laptop it is a great partner as a secondary device, and it still has the most optimized application for reading large pdfs (400mb+ on the old iPad 3) like on goodreader. Nothing on Windows 10 ecosystem is yet to have a user friendly touch experience like on the iOS apps unfortunately.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by FAHMI BASSEM
Fahmi Bassem Mukbil, a first year medicine student in Jordan, owns 735 + VAIO E series, planning to get a win10 tablet but don't know what to buy :\
Since I'll carry it with me everyday, it should be light+small, supports SIM card, long battery life, pen support
+It must be capable to run 3D apps, for anatomy as an example......any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!

I hate to tell you this, if you're in medicine you're eventually going to end up using iOS. There are simply too many medical applications available for iOS that aren't on any other ecosystem - including Android or Windows. The functionality of many of these apps can't easily be replicated through webpages accessed through wifi.

About the only big name medical app available for Windows is Up To Date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes