Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book

Mikejl87

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit torn between the two as I have decided to upgrade my Surface Pro 3. Price is not an issue, so im just looking at specs.

Surface Pro 4
Core i7
256 GB HD
16 GB RAM

Surface Book
Core i7
256 GB HD
8 GB RAM

I loved my SP3 and getting a Pro 4 with double the RAM and faster processor sounds like a no brainer. But looking at the Book and getting the NVIDIA GPU sounds pretty awesome even if it's only 8 GB of RAM.

I loved the portability of the SP3 and I feel the Book although it is portable won't be the same with the added keyboard it brings. Then again the Book keyboard would be better than the Touch keyboard I have now.

Any opinions/suggestions would be helpful :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Laptop that can double as a tablet or a tablet that can double as a laptop? You're probably going to keep the Book in laptop mode most of the time.

Also, I think, assuming you don't do crazy memory-intensive things, that adding discrete graphics is much more useful than extra RAM. I got myself a ThinkPad with a Core i7 (Pro 3 generation), 8 GB/256 GB and the only things I really think would be nice is more hard drive space and better graphics.

Mikejl87

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Ended up getting the Surface Book. So far im loving it! I have to give the discrete graphics a spin and see how well it functions.

Thanks again for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk