Google Photos on windows 7

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a Windows 7 laptop that is loaded with Picasa Photos. The problem is that I lost the hard drive, but the photos are still there. The Picasa program itself, is no longer downloadable. I've followed all the instructions to install Google Photos, but all attempts fail. I get as far as the Google Photos flash screen, but it immediately disappeared. Before it vanished, I saw part of a screen, that if could access, I probably could get Google Photos to load. What do I need to do to get Google Photos on windows 7. Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
What would happen if

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon with Google Photos. I'm having difficulty getting Google Photos on my windows 7 laptop. Picasa was installed prior to a hard disk failure. The Picasa Photos are still on the laptop.
What would happen if I emailed some photos to the laptop? Would Google somehow recognize the photos and open Google Photos on its own? Since Google is no longer supporting Picasa, I'm desperately trying anything to get it to work. If you have any other suggestions, I'll try anything. Thanks.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: What would happen if

If you install Google Drive on the laptop, it will sync everything in your Drive account to a local folder, just like any other cloud storage solution. Inside the Google Drive folder, there will be a folder named Google Photos. That's where the photos go.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Import photos into Windows 7

I want to import photos on a memory card from my Canon A70 camera to a Windows 7 laptop. There is no photo program on the Windows 7 laptop. How do I move the photos from the Memory card into the Windows 7 laptop? Thanks.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Import photos into Windows 7

It's quite simple. Connect the camera with your laptop using the USB cable. Once it's detected, open up Computer and right click the camera. You should see an option "Import pictures and videos". Select it and you'll get a few options to choose before importing.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

It's quite simple. Connect the camera with your laptop using the USB cable. Once it's detected, open up Computer and right click the camera. You should see an option "Import pictures and videos". Select it and you'll get a few options to choose before importing.

Thanks. Can I do the same thing with plugging in the Memory card instead of camera? The Memory card already has photos on it.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I had to replace the hard-drive in my Windows 7 laptop. I reinstalled everything as it was prior to the hard disk crash. The only program I could not reinstall was Picasa., since Google has stopped supporting Picasa, I can't download the original Picasa program from Google. I did however find a replacement on a website that is entitled picasa3.9.10.4.exe. What do I need to do to install the above file in my I've been using a smartphone for the past two years. My aging Windows 7 laptop, seven years old, is like a new device to me . I was well-versed in handling the laptop years ago . Please advise me, step by step , what I need to do to install this Picasa file so that I can temporarily use Picasa until I'm able to use Google photos on my . Windows 7 laptop. All of the photos from the old Picasa, are still on the laptop. If you would, please detail the procedure step by step. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
memory card reader / Windows 7 laptop

I have a Windows 7 laptop with a ton of pictures taken with my Canon camera. The program used was Picasa. That program is no longer available. I had to replace the hard drive so the pictures are still on the laptop, but the program Picasa is not. My question is this. What will happen if I take a memory card reader with a memory card full of pictures inserted, and then plugged it into the laptop? What would happen? Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is no photo program on the Windows 7 laptop.

If you need a photo viewer/manager... I think Office Picture Manager is still one of the best. I use it now even on W10.

The last version was from 2007. You may still install it free using SharePoint Designer '07.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D10139&token=DBrTHfdl

Make that your default handler, import your pics via Memory Card and all should be good.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Reinstall Picasa

I had to replace the hard-drive in my Windows 7 laptop. I reinstalled everything as it was prior to the hard disk crash. The only program I could not reinstall was Picasa., since Google has stopped supporting Picasa, I can't download the original Picasa program from Google. I did however find a replacement on a website that is entitled picasa3.9.10.4.exe. What do I need to do to install the above file in my windows 7 laptop. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Reinstall Picasa

Is anyone reading this post? Does it need more clarification? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Urgent! Windows 7 - Google Photos

I have a Windows 7 laptop that is loaded with Picasa Photos. The problem is that I lost the hard drive, but the photos are still there. The Picasa program itself, is no longer downloadable.

I've followed all the instructions to install What do I need to do to get Google Photos on windows 7. Thanks

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Android on Windows 7 laptop

How do I enable Android on my Windows 7 laptop? Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Urgent! Windows 7 - Google Photos

Is anyone reading this post? Does it need more clarification? Thanks.

6 Threads Merged, all on the same issue or related issues.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

I've followed all the instructions to install What do I need to do to get Google Photos on windows 7. Thanks

Google Photos is an App on Android and iOS. There is no desktop App that I am aware of. You can, however, access Google Photos from your PC in a browser. You could direct it to the folder where you have all these photos and sync them to the cloud. You could also create folders in the cloud to help organize those pictures.

How do I enable Android on my Windows 7 laptop?

You could download and run an Android Emulator like Bluestacks to run Android Apps on a PC. Emulators have a tendency to not run all Apps, not run some well and unduly burden system resources. They are like a car that gets 8 miles to the gallon. You can drive it around, but it costs you.

There is no photo program on the Windows 7 laptop.

Again... You may easily and at no cost get a very capable photo viewer/manager installed by downloading SharePoint Designer and installing just the following program out of that suite: Office Picture Manger 2007. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2524%2524vb_wp%2524%2524%2524&token=AlJoJYsc

I can't download the original Picasa program

IMHO, your insistence on Picasa is unnecessary. It may be something you were familiar with, but it is now deprecated. Picasa on desktop is cumbersome. I know, I used to use it. Picasa on the web was always the main thrust. That is gone. Use Google Photos, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, etc. Choose something current as a place to store your photos in the cloud. You can always access these services from a browser. Many do have Apps or Programs for desktop. Many have Apps for your phone or tablet.

In terms of desktop on your Win7 box, your pictures are likely in a format most any photo viewer will recognize and open. Picasa should not be the only way to view them. Download a suitable viewer and install it.

Picasa is gone. Sorry.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Google Photos on my smartphone (Android) for quite a while now and I love it. I just installed Google Photos on a windows 7 laptop. I can't find a way to make it work like my smartphone. I can't find a way to email several people at a time,setup Albums and other features found in the smartphone version. I'd like to be able to view the files as thumbnails instead of file names. I'm sure I missed something in the installation. I find that windows 7 operates Differently from Android. I need help from a Windows 7 user that's working with Google Photos. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm installing Google Photos on windows 7. The instructions say to LOGIN TO MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT. It may sound obvious, but how do I do that? I have many Google Accounts. Thanks. I'm new to Desktop and have only worked with Android on a smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos