Google Photos on windows 7

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Login to my Google account on windows 7.

You need to login in with the google account you are using with google photos on your android smartphone if you want to sync across your photos.

Once installed you should be prompted to login.

This how it works [Phone] <---> {Cloud - Your attached Google account to google photos on phone} <--> [Desktop].

This is why it is important to use the same account, (in your case the google account attached to google photos) on your android phone if you want to use the cloud / internet to sync photos.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

You need to login in with the google account you are using with google photos on your android smartphone if you want to sync across your photos.

Once installed you should be prompted to login.

This how it works [Phone] <---> {Cloud - Your attached Google account to google photos on phone} <--> [Desktop].

This is why it is important to use the same account, (in your case the google account attached to google photos) on your android phone if you want to use the cloud / internet to sync photos.

Thanks. Where I'm having the problem is signing on with the Google account that resides on the Windows 7 laptop. My wife uses the laptop and will associate her photos with a different account that is not on my smartphone. I know how to login to my account on the smartphone, but I don't know how to do it on the laptop. Windows 7 is much different than Android. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. Where I'm having the problem is signing on with the Google account that resides on the Windows 7 laptop. My wife uses the laptop and will associate her photos with a different account that is not on my smartphone. I know how to login to my account on the smartphone, but I don't know how to do it on the laptop. Windows 7 is much different than Android. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Do you and your wife have separate user accounts on the PC? That should solve the issue. User accounts: FAQ - Windows Help

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Do you and your wife have separate user accounts on the PC? That should solve the issue. User accounts: FAQ - Windows Help

No. She's the main user and I only use it to help her. She used to use Picasa until we needed to replace the Hard Drive and Picasa is no longer supported or downloadable. I used to be well versed with Windows 5 years ago, but installing Google Photos has really confused me. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No. She's the main user and I only use it to help her. She used to use Picasa until we needed to replace the Hard Drive and Picasa is no longer supported or downloadable. I used to be well versed with Windows 5 years ago, but installing Google Photos has really confused me. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

You'll need to add a separate Windows user account for yourself, and then log in to your own Google account where you have your photos. Create a user account - Windows Help

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

I guess I haven't been clear on this problem. I don't want to be a user on my wife's laptop. I want her to be able to access her photos that are already on the laptop that she used view and edit in Picasa. Thanks for hanging in there for me.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been working with Google Photos on my android smartphone for over a year I installed Google Photos on the wife's windows 7 laptop. There are several differences that I'm having difficulty with. In the Smartphone version, I can select several photos at a time, and email them with the share command. I could also send photos to multiple recipients in one step. It may be that my email client, Outlook, is not configured properly. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads merged again... Bu my count that is 9 threads total. Please read the advice given above by many users and try to resolve this.

Additionally, since this is at heart a Google Services issue, you may want to try asking in the Android Central forums. I see you are already a member there.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Send Google Photos to multiple recipients in Windows 7

What is the easiest way to send multiple photos via email. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I want to install a Google program on windows 7,
that Google no longer supports.

I found a program on the web(Picasa) that Google no longer supports( but it still works. picasa3.9.10.4.exe. How do I do that on windows 7. Thanks

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I want to install a Google program on windows 7,

The Picasa app has been discontinued for quite a while now. For those that have had already installed it quite some time ago, it will still work (for a limited time) to allow them time to phase out their photos. But it no longer works for new installs. You're pretty much out of luck if you wish to start using it with a new install. Your only option is to use Google Photos if you're not able to use Picasa.

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Thanks. Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there. Are you saying that reinstalling Picasa (picasa3.9.10.4.exe) won't run?

IMANUT46

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Email via Google Photos.

When I try to send photos via email, the SHARE command doesn't show Outlook, my email service. How do I fix it? Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there.

Honestly, any photo viewer should find the photos on your hard drive.

Please answer plainly: have you tried any other photo viewer program?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there. Are you saying that reinstalling Picasa (picasa3.9.10.4.exe) won't run?

If you reinstall Picasa, it won't work. Google shut down the ability for any new install to access Picasa which took effect sometime in early March, because the whole project is being shut down. Despite whether you used it before on the same machine, a new install of the Picasa App/Program simply will not work.

Your only option is to use PicasaWeb, to retreive and download your photos/pics. And even PicasaWeb has been downgraded. You can no longer create/edit/modify ablums, nor can you upload or share pics to Picasa anymore.

All of your pics that were stored in Picasa have been cloned to Google Photos. So if you haven't recovered your photos/pics from Picasa to store elsewhere, you can still get them from Google Photos.

Your only option is to either adopt the use of Google Photos, or retreive your photos/pics from Google Photos and upload them to a different service if you choose not to use the Google Photos service and app.

I know that's not the answer you want to hear. :shrug: But that's how it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs