Does anyone know why my Outlook email is not going into the SENT file. Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-06-2016 04:59 PM
    Does anyone know why my Outlook email is not going into the SENT file. Thanks.

when you click on send email, it initially goes to the outbox folder. When syncing takes place and the internet is on the email is sent and then becomes visible in the sent folder
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-07-2016 06:22 AM
    when you click on send email, it initially goes to the outbox folder. When syncing takes place and the internet is on the email is sent and then becomes visible in the sent folder
    Thanks. Perhaps the syncing or lack thereof, is the problem. How do I make sure the laptop is syncing properly? Thanks.

06-07-2016 06:39 AM
    Thanks. Perhaps the syncing or lack thereof, is the problem. How do I make sure the laptop is syncing properly? Thanks.

when you open the mail app, check in settings >manage accounts to see how frequently the mail will sync. It might be set to as items arrive or every 15 minutes. Change to the setting you like
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-07-2016 08:12 AM
    I have no problem sending email. It arrives at its destination without a problem. However, the same email is returned, identified as being sent by my own email account. Does anyone know why that is happening? Thanks.

06-07-2016 09:03 AM
    I have no problem sending email. It arrives at its destination without a problem. However, the same email is returned, identified as being sent by my own email account. Does anyone know why that is happening? Thanks.

so when the email is sent, it's sent to the recipient and you at the same time?
    06-07-2016 09:10 AM
    so when the email is sent, it's sent to the recipient and you at the same time?
    No. There's no cc set. It's the strangest thing I've ever encountered. Having said that, thanks for your suggestion.

06-07-2016 09:34 AM
    No. There's no cc set. It's the strangest thing I've ever encountered. Having said that, thanks for your suggestion.

does it happen for all email addresses or just one? If you send an email to address A and to address B, do you get emails back from both A and B?
    06-07-2016 11:24 AM
    does it happen for all email addresses or just one? If you send an email to address A and to address B, do you get emails back from both A and B?
    Thanks. Yes It does . All emails come back, no matter who they are sent to. Any other suggestions?

06-07-2016 02:57 PM
    Thanks. Yes It does . All emails come back, no matter who they are sent to. Any other suggestions?

I'm thinking that your email has a setting somewhere where any email you send is automatically sent back to you. I remember there being such a setting, most likely accessible in a browser though I can't check at the moment as I'm using a work pc with emails blocked

By the way, can you show a screenshot of the emails being sent and received? Any test email will do

Thank you
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-08-2016 12:30 AM
    I have 2 Google email accounts. Occasionally, I get an email sent to my least used account. When I try to forward that email, it won't send. It just sits in the outbox and won't get sent. Does anyone know why that happens? Your help is appreciated.

06-09-2016 11:29 AM
    I have 2 Google email accounts. Occasionally, I get an email sent to my least used account. When I try to forward that email, it won't send. It just sits in the outbox and won't get sent. Does anyone know why that happens? Your help is appreciated.

what OS version are you on?
    It seems that this is becoming a big issue,must be a bug that needs to be corrected in the next update

the workaround someone suggested was to create or start the process of forwarding the email but don't press on send. Save it as a draft and and then go to drafts folder and send from there
    06-09-2016 11:55 AM