PC Display keeps going black

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello WC community!

I`m having an issue with my PC. When I start it up, after a random amount of time, the screen goes totally black, occasionally after showing some visual artifacts (weird colored lines), and I have to hold the power button to shut it down. This started happening a few days ago. Sometimes it doesn`t even boot to the desktop before it happens. Can anyone help me identify what`s going wrong over here?

Thank you!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello WC community!

I`m having an issue with my PC. When I start it up, after a random amount of time, the screen goes totally black, occasionally after showing some visual artifacts (weird colored lines), and I have to hold the power button to shut it down. This started happening a few days ago. Sometimes it doesn`t even boot to the desktop before it happens. Can anyone help me identify what`s going wrong over here?

Thank you!

if you have an antivirus or antispyware installed, run a scan

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
That wouldn't be possible - the screen will go black at some point soon after the scan starts. I think its a hardware related issue, as I switched to the on-board graphics and it has been working fine since.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that you might have outdated or incompatible driver.

I would suggest that you boot your PC into safe mode first.
And in the task manager you can disable any unnecessary/3rd party apps and processes that may be causing the issue.

Also, you could try opening the Device Manager and try changing/updating your display driver.

HTH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss