How do I edit music on my Acer?

danmatts

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
How to edit music on my acer?

I am trying to change the title, artist, album picture etc. on a lot of my music files on my acer with windows 8.1.
When I go to my music I right click and click properties. This allows me to change all of that info.
THE PROBLEM IS: when I change the information and put the files onto my galaxy s4 none of it saves on my phone. If all shows up how I like it on my laptop but when I play the song it'll show up which ever way it was downloaded.
How do I change my music files on my laptop and make it display the same info on my phone?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to edit music on my acer?

I am trying to change the title, artist, album picture etc. on a lot of my music files on my acer with windows 8.1.
When I go to my music I right click and click properties. This allows me to change all of that info.
THE PROBLEM IS: when I change the information and put the files onto my galaxy s4 none of it saves on my phone. If all shows up how I like it on my laptop but when I play the song it'll show up which ever way it was downloaded.
How do I change my music files on my laptop and make it display the same info on my phone?

are you changing the properties in the file itself? For example, you select a song in file explorer, right click to go to properties, and then go to the last tab to change the parameters of the file?

danmatts

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Yes I go to File Explorer and go to Music under My PC, I right click a song and open properties, then I go to the top right and click details. I change the title to 'The Light', I also change artist and genre. But when I put it on it on my phone it comes up as how I downloaded it:
'the_light_[mp3_freex]' how do I make it show up on my gs4 as 'The Light'

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've moved this thread to the General Tablet & Laptop forum, since this is about editing a file using Windows 8.1 on a PC not a Windows Phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes I go to File Explorer and go to Music under My PC, I right click a song and open properties, then I go to the top right and click details. I change the title to 'The Light', I also change artist and genre. But when I put it on it on my phone it comes up as how I downloaded it:
'the_light_[mp3_freex]' how do I make it show up on my gs4 as 'The Light'

I feel this is an issue with the android device and not windows. In the phone, are you deleting the old file and copying back the new edited file? And is there any way of refreshing the library in the phone? What about checking properties of the file in the phone using it's file explorer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos