Whats a Good Windows 2 in 1?

Raekwan Woods

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I need something with an excellent display for drawing. Meaning it needs to support a high quality pen for drawing smoothly & quickly. I'll be doing a lot of sketching in Photoshop.

Been Looking at these:

SP3- i5 8gb RAM (but will it even be any faster than the i3? Heard throttling is bad)

SP4- m3 or i5 4gb RAM (but will 4gbs perform well in Adobe premiere & Photoshop?)

Hp Specte x360 i5 8gb ( I hear the pen sucks & isn't better than SP3 or SP4 pen)

Anything else? These are all under $999 on Amazon used... Ive considered Lenovo but the plastic they use on the inner of the yoga 900 is so ugly & they're build quality+support is questionable according to many ppl

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally use a couple-year old Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga and I like it. I don't have any issues with Lenovo build quality or support yet, the only major issue are those Superfish and other weird junkware moves they've done to their consumer lineup.

But yea, I'm a fan of the ThinkPad Yoga and would recommend it.

4 GB is enough unless you're doing some serious work and I feel people can blow the throttling thing a bit out of proportion.

Raekwan Woods

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I personally use a couple-year old Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga and I like it. I don't have any issues with Lenovo build quality or support yet, the only major issue are those Superfish and other weird junkware moves they've done to their consumer lineup.

But yea, I'm a fan of the ThinkPad Yoga and would recommend it.

4 GB is enough unless you're doing some serious work and I feel people can blow the throttling thing a bit out of proportion.

oK so your saying the throttling on the SP3 isn't that bad? Because I was also considering the i5 version of that. I saw a video where someone was editing a short few minute 4k video on the m3 SP4, so I guess 4gb of RAM should be okay.

I'm coming from a 4gb RAM i3 SP3, and occasionally while in animation software, Photoshop or Microsoft edge I will experience slow downs or a few seconds of unresponsiveness.

Just looking to get a smoother experience while also retaining the drawing quality. Apparently the Dell & hp active styluses are bad according to various sites.

Also Im interested in the Lenovo Yoga 710 but I can't see anywhere whether or not it's compatible with Lenovo pressure sensitive pen.

Raekwan Woods

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Reviews here said Matebook had an ok pen I think. But battery life was poor, but still a great product:

Huawei MateBook Review | Windows Central

I've looked at the Notebook, but the only model under $999 is the 4gb m3 model which I don't assume is gonna be an upgrade from the i3 4gb ram SP3. Not to mention the SP4 with the same specs can be had for less if used, which is a condition I'm fine going with

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've looked at the Notebook, but the only model under $999 is the 4gb m3 model which I don't assume is gonna be an upgrade from the i3 4gb ram SP3. Not to mention the SP4 with the same specs can be had for less if used, which is a condition I'm fine going with

If you are looking for performance then the i5 SP4 is probably best, especially as you have identified that the pen is best on that too. Although perhaps wait a short while or see if you can get a deal on one with 8GB too. It depends on what is occurring, but unresponsiveness can be caused by lack of memory or lack of CPU. Often memory is more important than the CPU, as other than say applying effects or encoding video, not much fully uses a modern CPU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett