Purchase Paralyzation

anon(5350089)

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a ThinkPad Yoga 14, a Best Buy exclusive otherwise known as the ThinkPad Yoga 460. I am agonizing over the decision to return it or not.

I made the purchase because 1.) my Surface RT was starting to experience issues and has not aged as gracefully as anyone had hoped, and 2.) I was under the impression that I would be giving my Dell inspiron 3847 desktop to my wife. Since I bought the ThinkPad the Surface has returned to life, but is now even more painful to use after spending a little time with the exquisite ThinkPad. Also, my wife ending up not wanting the desktop and opted for a consumer yoga of her own. The ThinkPad edges out the desktop in performance, thanks mostly to its Samsung SSD. So I am left with a decision; do I keep the $750 ($150 off as a "college student") ThinkPad or return it and stick with the Dell desktop? I know, I know the first response will inquire as to my use case - does a laptop or desktop better serve my needs? Frankly, I'm torn. I would certainly make use of the ThinkPad, but the desktop offers more value. Namely, I already own it ha ha. I am trying to sell myself on the notion that the ThinkPad will offer more value over the long haul (i5-6200U, IPS display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce 940M, and superb build quality.)

Any advice?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since the thinkpad is very current, keep it. You have the latest specs on it so it will do well for a few years - the portability helps

anon(5350089)

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I am still staring at the ThinkPad in the box ha ha. I am trying to rely on my Lumia 830 for mobile computing and leaving any moderately intensive tasks for the home desktop. I've become terribly indecisive when it comes to these things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss