Would you choose a laptop with NFC?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I am considering buying a Thinkpad Yoga 260. There is no price difference between one with NFC and one without.

My phone is a Lumia 950, and as far as I know, that's the bonly thing I own that is NFC-enabled. Would it be useful for me?

And on the flipside: Is it a serious security risk?

Just wondering if anyone is using NFC with their phone, and how they like it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would get it if given the option. I think there's some cool smart unlock functionality new in the Anniversary update that uses NFC and an NFC enabled phone.

It'll likely go unused most of the time, but its better to have and not need right? I don't anticipate it being a significant security liability considering its practically zero range.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I would get it if given the option. I think there's some cool smart unlock functionality new in the Anniversary update that uses NFC and an NFC enabled phone.

It'll likely go unused most of the time, but its better to have and not need right? I don't anticipate it being a significant security liability considering its practically zero range.

Thank you. That was my thoughts too, but I figured I'd might have missed something with that feature - especially security-wise.
Come to think of it, perhaps with NFC, I can write text messages on my computer and send them (crossing fingers).

Thanks again :eek:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon