How does Acer devices perform in long term?

mohdmanaz

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Few year back Acer used to have a bad reputation for producing not so good devices. But now with new devices with good specs and innovation the Acer devices (e.g, switch alpha 12) are standing out in the crowd. With their low price tag, they are even more appealing to the consumers!

If you have used Acer devices for a long time, please share your experience, specifically about their durability, driver and firmware update and customer care.

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I've used Acer devices at home for 7-8 years now. They arguably last 3-4 years and during that time they've been just fine.

Currently my wife's older laptop (5+ years) is running stable on Win 10, albeit with an HDD that's far slower than it once was, but good enough for me to use as a media server in the basement gym. Her new laptop (Win8 then 10) is just fine. My older laptop eventually conked out after 6 years on XP after I upped it to 7, a victime of HDD failure. Currently using an Acer R13 on Win 10 which I really like, even with its faulty screen issue and sometimes sketchy keyboard. Got it at a super-steep discount though, so I'm not complaining much.

We also have a five year old Acer A700 tablet, which still works fine, but really slowly even after I upgraded it to Android Lollipop . Still good enough to watch movies and play simple games, but that's about it.

We've chosen Acer stuff mostly on price point for the functionality we needed, and are generally pleased.

Mark

mohdmanaz

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
That's a lot of Acer devices!! Thanks for sharing your experience "impromark". If I may ask, how does the battery holds up as the years pass by? was there a need to replace the battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre