Hi everyone,

Microsoft recently introduced the Surface Book with Performance Base. With it came some design changes as well, one of them being the keyboard. I'm not sure if others have noticed it, but now there's a small recess in which the keys sit. It kinda makes it look ugly, atleast in my opinion. This is the one reason I hate HP laptops, it's too prominent on their laptops. The old surface book didn't have it and it looked awesome.

Anyways, just wanted to check others views on it.

Thanks!
    11-01-2016 01:52 AM
    Hi everyone,

Microsoft recently introduced the Surface Book with Performance Base. With it came some design changes as well, one of them being the keyboard. I'm not sure if others have noticed it, but now there's a small recess in which the keys sit. It kinda makes it look ugly, atleast in my opinion. This is the one reason I hate HP laptops, it's too prominent on their laptops. The old surface book didn't have it and it looked awesome.

Anyways, just wanted to check others views on it.

Thanks!
    The recess seems very moderate in this side view. More prominent is the bulge making the keyboard more raised near the hinge. Well, at least they are starting to fill up The Gap. :)

performancebulge.jpg
    11-01-2016 07:22 AM
    The recess seems very moderate in this side view. More prominent is the bulge making the keyboard more raised near the hinge. Well, at least they are starting to fill up The Gap. :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	performancebulge.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	336.4 KB 
ID:	131617
    I actually don't mind the gap, but yeah, it will be good if they could reduce it. That recess though, arrgghh.
    11-08-2016 08:05 PM