PC Compute Stick Recommendations

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Friend! I'll be the first one to reply on your new thread. I'm sorry but I don't know what a PC compute stick is. Please explain to this old country boy. I may have one and I don't even know it! LMAO!
PS I forgot about Google. Now I know what they are,but I don't have favorite.:wink: Best PC Compute Sticks | Windows Central

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 4

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Sorry friend! I didn't mean to rain on your parade. Thanks to your thread, I now know a lot about them that I didn't know before. I guess my favorites would be the 4 that are in the link I attached!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! There's not much that gets by this old country boy!:wink: PC Computer Sticks are advertised on Windows Central! I'm thinking I just might get me one of those dudes!
PS these are the only Adds I ever see on the site. Yes I do have ublock and my browser is Firefox. I also run Ad Muncher:winktongue:
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 2

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely familiar with compute sticks. However, I have a $200 RCA Windows tablet with 2GB and a Intel Atom Z3735. I'd be lying if I said the performance was perfect, but it does a remarkable job of keeping up with most tasks I throw at it (just it doesn't like doing multiple things at once). It's the same chip that's in a Hip Street PC2Go. I suspect you may find the performance of that stick quite usable. And of course, anything more powerful will make a clear improvement.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't get a Compute Stick. The 2 GB Ram is very limiting and only useful for very basic things. I have a Kangaroo mini PC with the 2 GB RAM and Atom z3735 and it works for youtub email and watching movies from an external. But it's usually at about 80% usage doing just 1 of those things at a time. I would go with something like the Quantum Byte Plus Mini PC. 4GB RAM, Atom z8300, USB 3.0 ports, hdmi out. Very nice unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXTtcgbTLyo

You can get it at Amazon, Ebay and other places but they sell a 2GB and 4GB version. Make sure you go with the 4GB version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills