More Android tablet choices what to do?

blueydroid

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i am looking at these two windows tablets listed here. Windows gurus, please tell me why I should choose the Windows tabs over the other Android tablets listed there? I'm hesitant now to jump from Android with all those choices =\

Thanks in advance!

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
What to do? All around, most of the tablets are great. Just choose the one that suits your needs. For example, watching lots of videos; good screen. Need power? Get better processors.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
By the way, choosing a tablet under $100 may require some corners to be cut :( As a result, I suggest you cut the corners that are least important to you. I know, compromises suck a lot.

YaSo

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Do not expect to get great performance from a cheap tablet for starters, but I gather you know that.

The biggest Pro for a Windows tablet is that an Android tablet will require the manufacturer to update it, so less expensive ones will not get many security updates, while Microsoft does the software updates for Windows, regardless of the company that makes it. You will still rely on the tablet maker to update something like a WiFi chipset bug, but MS should be more secure for critical flaws.

Android will run OK on 1gb ram (if you keep running apps to a minimum) while I would want 2gb ram for Windows.

YaSo

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and for something around $100 dollars, (and bought through Amazon) I would get a SquareTrade accicdental protection warranty. If the tablet is $25-$100 (and is NOT a Fire), you can get this for $13.98 without a repair deductible

SquareTrade 1-Year Tablet Protection Plan

Amazon's Fire HD8 (2016) is $90 for 16gb storage, $120 for 32gb, as long as you don't mind Amazon Ads on the locksreen (which can be disabled with some hackery). It SHOULD get some security updates (Amazon can afford to keep it updated for a while) and a 2 year, no-deductible accident warranty is $14.98 for peace of mind.

If you could use an 8" screen, I would go for the latest Fire tablet and a warranty for the best experience.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism