Replacement for Winbook TW801

mhudak69

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Winbook TW801 that I like. Unfortunately it is starting to fail on me, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I like that the TW801 has a full size USB 3 port along with the micro usb port. (I normally leave the micro usb connected for power, and use Thumb drives in the USB 3 port). However, when looking for a replacement, I haven't been able to find anything that has a full size USB 3 port.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an 8 inch tablet that has a full size USB 3 port? Or, barring that, having two USB-C ports that I can use one for power and the other for thumb drives/wired mouse? Barring that, if anyone has a recommendation for a 10 inch tablet, that would be great.

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The microsoft store has a deal on a Nuvision tablet today. Maybe check it out? :)

Btw welcome to the forums :)

Last edited:

mhudak69

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome. ;-)

I had seen the NuVision tablet posted, and it is tempting, but I'm still stuck on the one port, and it's not even usb-c.

Granted, most of the time I use the TW801 as a consumption device, sitting next to me as I watch TV, but there are times when that full size port is useful, especially moving around files between thumb drives. The usb 3 port comes in handy there. Also have a boresnake camera that plugs directly into usb. Worked well for inspections and not having to carry a full laptop.

I may jump at it anyways and pick up some usage on Win 10. I just wish someone would make a beefier 8 inch tablet, something with 4 gb ram and either a full size usb 3 or dual usb-c. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion though. ;-)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey, yes I realized that it wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but since it was a deal, I figured I might as well tell you. Just in case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99