My new Build

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Alright I decided to share what I've put in my latest PC master race upgrade!

I actually upgraded a while ago already but forgot to post here earlier.

Anyways, after a lot of youtube videos about benchmarks watched and after a long time of calculating all expenses I decided to go with the following set up:
1. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-250B-D3H
2. CPU: Intel Core i5 7600 (with stock cooler)
3. GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8 GB VRAM
4. RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2333 MHZ RAM (planning to upgrade to 16)
5. SSD: 240 GB Kingston Fury SSD
6. HDD: 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
7. PSU: be quiet's 500W with cable management built-in
8. CASE: NZXT S340 Black/blue
9: OS: Windows 10 Home

This was the first PC I've built myself and I was so happy when the BIOS turned on the first time when I powered the PC on. There were some issues with the recognition of the SSD and HDD, but I managed to fix that and now I have a lightning fast PC compared to the one that I used to have now for 3, years, although the most of the components were 4-5 years old (back then I did not know enough about PCs as my first PC had Windows XP and 512 MB ram and most of the games weren't playable for me back then so I everything I've read sounded better, lol).

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
First and foremost, congrats on your first PC build!!!

Pretty good build there I like it. My PC 3 or so years ago was... barely a PC, lol.

I just started getting into PC's not too long ago (2 1/2 years maybe). I broke EVERYTHING (almost) trying to build my first PC, lol.

I might upgrade my 2nd PC build to a 1070 since it currently has a GTX 970 (MSI).

People say that 16GB of RAM is overkill but I would still go for it for future-proofing your PC, I upgraded to 16GB a little before Christmas time and I'm happy I did, since the things I do require a bit more than 8GB. (PC Game Developer)

I was actually looking at that exact SSD, I'm not sure why I didn't get it at first... I ended up with a Samsung 950 Pro (I think) but It's been running a bit iffy so it's UPGRADE TIME!! Lol.

Do you plan on Water-cooling your CPU and GPU anytime soon? I did it so it both could last as long as possible.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Nice one there, hope to see some titles from you in future!

I was thinking about getting the 140mm NZXT kraken, but since I am not going to overclock the processor I don't think it's really needed there. Perhaps I will just buy a proper air cooler in future.

As it goes for RAM yeah, many people say it's an overkill but I agree with you - I was playing some Ghost Recon Wildlands and I forgot to close Edge before I started playing and I got warning about inconsistent frame rate due to lack of RAM (though I didn't notice any FPS drops, lol). So yeah, optimal amount for playing modern games on high settings would be 16 GB.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Nice build you have there. I would disagree about an excess of RAM. Some of the newer games coming out are using a lot of RAM. Titanfall 2, is recommended for 16 GB of RAM, I think. What I think is going to happen is some of these game devs are going to start using more RAM, as the newer boards can take up to 64 GB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05