Anyone with VR for their PC, phones, or consoles?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone out there in the void... I mean community have a VR headset for any of their devices? You know... one of these things.
69c0e4befea71f674266f31af044eb5f.jpg

If so maybe you can share which headset you have and how you are liking it?

I experienced using Virtual Reality 1 time a few months ago and it was more "fun" or more "interesting" than I though it would be.

What game or app did use with VR?

Do you plan on getting a VR headset in the future if you don't have one already?

Anyone in the community can answer, it's definitely not just for VR Headset owners.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I've got one of those "better" cardboard type things for my phone. Which really is only any good for a bit of 3d 360 video. There are a few windows phone apps, but while it was an interesting taster it made me realise how important tracking, DPI, latency are. Out of syncness is disorienting.

I MAY get a something better later, one day. Maybe the scorpio, maybe a PC rig. Will see, but I think the desktop/console rig is defo the way to go, and the better the tracking is, and the controllers, the better (you want your body to be mapped well into the VR world).

Right now I'd lean towards the vive because it has wireless, some guns and some gloves on the way. But on the other hand mixed reality headsets will probably have more support in the long run, especially via xbox/scorpio.

Comfort of headset, lack of "steaming up" also ideal. I reckon theres probably something better than using two screens eventually. Something that works more like a HoloLens.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Actually I've heard now scorpio will be wireless although the HMD might be delayed to get it right. Might be worth waiting for that...

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've tried some of the google cardboard/Samsung gear vr stuff and I find it's not usually high enough res to be comfortable for too long. Was wanting the vive, that was until I started thinking realistically about the price as well as how/where to mount all the cameras and trying to make space in the small room I'm in. Really hope this windows vr- sorry, mr with the heat mounted cameras works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm