Porsche Design Book One - any real reviews or genuine user experience?

ederon

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've followed Book One since its announcement, but I'm quite puzzled by the lack of reviews after its release. Do you know about any reviews out there? Googling gives me rather old posts, mostly "hands-on" stuff or preview-like posts/videos. I'd be also interested in first hand experience of Book One owners if there are any of you here.
Thanks a lot
Daniel

J35513

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Don't buy it!

I bought this April this year barely use the tablet mode I experience some issue on this device.

First if you let your battery drain it won't charge up the battery and you need to wait for the next windows update to fix the issue.

Second, there is a problem with the touch screen function, if you will use this on tablet mode it won't work, it is similar issue with MS surface but atleast MS are aware about that issue, but porsche are not.

So I went and contact support and its ******* hard to contact them they reply once per day and until now my issue isn't resolve yet and they stop reply to me.

I've tried the following troubleshooting:

1. Calibrate touch screen (same issue)
2. Go Device manager
3. Check Human Interface Device
4. Update driver (Successfu; driver rollback isn't working as welll)
5. Test device didn’t work
6. Disable/enable touchscreen driver (same issue)
7. Update Operating system (same issue)
8. Reset laptop (same issue)
9. Perform update again (Same issue)

So if you don't want to end up like me buying an expensive garbage then don't buy it and one more thing it is hard to find driver for the porsche laptop I've been scratching my head on this even porsche itself doesn't have laptop driver they only have drivers for their cars.

Better go with other laptop manufacturer than this garbage!.