Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I was looking at various ways to max my disk random read/write speed (its a standard sata2 ssd), for improved everyday performance.

I tried the trial of this software. I know I am sacrificing data security, should the system crash or similar. But the speed difference is pretty noticeable.

I do see that it chews up a bit of CPU core speed. But my OS UX, and synthetic benchmarks are both substantially improved with the 1gb trial cache on my SSD system disk. I mean everyone has excess RAM these days on their desktop pretty much.

Anyone have any experience with this?

(Also wondering what a three disk SSD array and this combined with a 4gb cache would be like speed wise)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Okay, long story short, just like the other program I used like this, huge performance gains but "page fault in non-paged area". Does not play with others well, not worth it.

I googled samsungs evo with that error phrase (as it also uses memory caching), and saw people with the same error.

Shame something like this cannot be made to work. I mean intels new whatever memory is like this, and cool and all but requires onboard m2, and nobody allows boot to this type of memory yet. Same with nvme, expensive, and rare to work as a boot drive (and sometimes not that much faster)

Seems like the cheapest solution for ultra speed drives is still raid 0 ssds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa