Spectre x360 vs XPS 13

actionresult

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a 13-inch laptop for myself and have narrowed it down to these two models. Need your help in choosing :)

I'm thinking about such config for both: i7-7560U + Iris Plus Graphics 640 + 16GB RAM + 512GB SSD. As for the screen, I'm still on the fence about it, not sure if I want the best possible res (QHD for Dell, 4K for HP) or the best battery life by going FullHD. Can you guys share your battery life experience with the best screens for these? I'm going to use it primarily for browsing / office work / coding (VS and VS Code) / light photo editing (Lightroom, Photoshop)

For the x360, I like Windows Hello camera (and webcam at the top :grincry: ) and build quality. And it's a bit cheaper.
For the XPS 13, it's battery life and better port selection

Let me know what you think

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
@actionresult I havent used either, but have browsed reviews extensively for a few months ( am in a similar situation as yours). I would say if you dont need a touch screen (for say painting or such) to go with the dell xps 13. If you need a flip screen then pick the convertible x360.

Overall I would still pick Xps 13 because of:

1. Better battery life due to the lower res screen options. Personally I do the same things you do and am happy with a 1080p screen.
2. SD card slot - if you are going to do photography, you could really use a SD card slot
3. Precision trackpad- for when you are on the move without being able to use a mouse

But if price is going to be an issue, just go for the spectre. Its still one of the most beautiful laptops out there for that price range.

Hope that helps.

If not, feel free to ask again. :)

Kash

actionresult

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input! I'm actually leaning towards x360 with a FullHD display for better battery life. It's just i like x360 more than XPS 13 a this point :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb