Borg Cube PC

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this thread should go in the general PC section, or the Custom PC section, but here we go.

I'm curious if anyone is considering or has purchased one of the Borg Cube PC's? I'm pretty sure I read about it on WC, otherwise I don't know how I would have found out about it.

I know the Borg Cube PC is available to purchase now, and the Borg CubeVR PC is supposed to be available soon.

I must admit that being a HUGE Star Trek fan, I bit the bullet (or photon torpedo!) and ordered one of the Borg Cube PC's. Being the only officially licensed Star Trek computer available, and me being too dumb/lazy to create one like this myself, I just HAD to get one! :grin:

The one I ordered is the smaller 6x6x6 cube, so that will sit nicely up on my desk. The Borg CubeVR PC, being 12x12x12 would take up too much room, and this year I just built a massive gaming/overclocking PC that I'm still trying to learn how to OC and tweak to its potential, so I don't need another one, even if it WOULD be totally AWESOME to have a HUGE green, glowing Borg Cube lighting up the dark! :confused:

I'm just curious if anyone else is considering getting one or has ordered one.

https://mycherrytree.com/products/

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge Trek fan too. Would love one of those PCs. Now, I'm curious as to how I can put my gaming rig into a homemade cube like that.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing you'd have to go with the Borg CubeVR PC. That one is 12x12x12, so that would give you twice as much room as the regular Borg Cube PC. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 6x6x6 Borge Cube PC! They are supposed to start shipping right after Thanksgiving. :smile:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Here are some of the specifications for the larger Borg CubVR PC:

Specifications:
■ Officially licensed Star Trek™ product
■ Measures 12”x12”x12”
■ Configurable up to 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 -7700K quad-core 4.2GHz CPU
■ Configurable up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM – 2x faster than DDR3
■ M.2 configurable up to 2 TB – up to 20Gbit/s data-transfer speeds
■ Configurable up to GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards
■ Supports Windows 10 and Linux
■ Supports PCI-e Gen3 SSD speed up to 2.2GB/s
■ Supports INTEL Optane – speed up your storage device
■ Super speed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C with reversible design
■ NVIDIA VR Ready
■ Assembled in USA. Case made in USA

https://mycherrytree.com/products/borg-cubevr-pc/

I would SO love to get the Borg CubeVR PC as well, but seriously, how many computers do I need!?! :winktongue:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Below are the specs I went with. I don't know why it's showing the motherboard temp is so high. It FREAKED me OUT! I restarted and went into the BIOS and the BIOS indicated the temperature of the motherboard was actually a couple of degrees less than the CPU. Not sure what's going on with Speccy there. :shocked:

Speccy.PNG

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Below are the specs I went with. I don't know why it's showing the motherboard temp is so high. It FREAKED me OUT! I restarted and went into the BIOS and the BIOS indicated the temperature of the motherboard was actually a couple of degrees less than the CPU. Not sure what's going on with Speccy there. :shocked:

View attachment 138340
That's odd. Are you noticing any performance issues on it? I'm super jealous.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos