HP Pavilion Upgrade

Joshua_Muldoon

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello all, just needed to ask for some help. I bought an HP Gaming Pavilion 15 (bc251nr) in February, and i have decided that I'm going to get an m.2 SSD for it. There is a slot inside of the computer that can house one, but here is where I am a little confused. I believe last year the 2016 models that were 15" supported the new Pcie NVME standard. Now, what I'm not sure about is whether it supports the x4 data lanes or just x1. Speccy says the motherboard supports x1 only, but a couple of other people said it supports the x4 data lanes. I believe it will support the x4 easily, but now I just need to know what m.2 SSD to get. I'm skipping the older SATA ssd's because I will have this laptop for another 3-4 years, so I am going for the Pcie. Anyone have any recommendations? I preferably don't want to spend more than $200 for one, so does anyone know a good place to get one at a good price or when is a good time to get one? And any other upgrades that someone might recommend for the laptop? It came with a 1tb 7200rpm hard drive, the travelstar 7100k or something. Also comes with 16gb 2400-DDR4 Ram, an Intel Core i7-7700HQ, and a GTX-1050 2gb. It can get 3-4 hours of screen on time, but anything else that I could do to increase that? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon