Your pick for the best laptop of 2017 ... ?

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
We're currently putting together our annual Windows Central Best of the Year list, and though some categories are easy to pick, the best overall laptop is proving to be somewhat of a challenge. We all feel strongly about our picks, and many of us have different opinions on the subject.

Surface Book 2 gets my pick, because it's so powerful and versatile. But I want to know what you think. What's the best of overall laptop (any category, so 2-in-1, convertible, whatever) of this year, in your opinion? And why?

Tikio

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
We're currently putting together our annual Windows Central Best of the Year list, and though some categories are easy to pick, the best overall laptop is proving to be somewhat of a challenge. We all feel strongly about our picks, and many of us have different opinions on the subject.

Surface Book 2 gets my pick, because it's so powerful and versatile. But I want to know what you think. What's the best of overall laptop (any category, so 2-in-1, convertible, whatever) of this year, in your opinion? And why?

My favorite is definitely the Surface Book 2 as well! I decided to purchase a laptop this year after 5 years with my Inspiron 17 inch laptop and I could not be happier with the SB2. I looked at reviews and played around with every laptop I could at my local Best Buy. At the end, I decided to buy the SB2 13 inch, 8 gigs of ram, I7, 256gb hardrive. The 3 by 2 screen makes the laptop feel bigger than it is and the versatility is its greatest feature. It is very powerful and very reliable.

I have a desktop I built which I have always used for gaming and power hungry software, yet I have found the SB2 is as able as it. Because of its versatility, I have also found myself using it for EVERYTHING; reading a book, working on Blender, doing homework on a document using the Surface Pen, etc...

Overall, the device is fantastic and the only thing I can complain about is the fact that I use it way more than is probably healthy for my eyes.

agmsr

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
I have been semi-shopping for a laptop, and my short list ranges from Surface Laptop or Dell Inspiron (simple, cheaper, looks good) to Razer Blade Stealth (good specs, looks great), Dell XPS 13 (ditto), and SB 2 (ditto). Maybe the HP Spectre x360 too. If money didn't matter (it does), I'd probably get a maxed-out Razer or SB2. More realistically, I'll probably get the SL in gray or blue.

agmsr

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
What do you like about the Spectre x360? The specs do look good, and it looks nice. Personally I like the look of the Razer more, but looks aren't everything...

Benoche

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2. I purchased it in november and I love it! Amazing battery, slim, powerfull, fast, compact, tablet mode,...

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 with an 8th Gen processor on sale for $500, regularly $819. It is able to run a 2.5" SATA drive and a M.2 2280 SSD simultaneously. Seriously, how many laptops are capable of dual drive support? I think Windows Central should create a laptop category just for that spec. Touch screen and battery life are great also. The laptop doesn't overheat, which is a plus.

If you buy a configuration containing only a M.2 SSD, it comes with the complete hardware to insert a 2.5" drive. No separate caddy needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786