Which Laptop are you saving up for?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question here - which laptop are you saving up for this year? Any announcements blow your mind at CES this year? The new Dell XPS's look sweet? Or perhaps some new Razer gear???

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I also have a newer notebook purchased last May.
I really don't use my 2 notebooks at all much anymore.
Mobile is proving to be more than enough power for me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I already saved up for and picked up a 2012 MacBook Pro 15", surprise! I keep telling myself that the last phone/laptop is the one that will stick around indefinitely but something always seems to change over time.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I picked up an Inspiron 15 7579 for Christmas for myself. I'm saving up for an XPS 15 for my gf purely for that gorgeous screen(she does a lot of photo editing work)

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Surface Pro 2017 so I'm not looking to get another PC this year but.... If I were I would look to get a Surface Book 2. Specifically the 13 inch version. Although I wouldn't sell my kidney to get one. Maybe the wife, but not the kidney.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Simple question here - which laptop are you saving up for this year? Any announcements blow your mind at CES this year? The new Dell XPS's look sweet? Or perhaps some new Razer gear???

Well, not a laptop but I'm saving up for a Surface not-Phone instead. Then I can dump my laptop, tablet, smart phone and possibly my stick PC as well, sticking with desktop, works secure laptop and not-Phone only. The simple life!

Alex Okita

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site

surface book 15" maxed out. currently on the previous surface book, been loving every minute of it. just need a faster cpu for doing unity builds.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Saving for the so called "Surface Foldable". IF released it's gonna be quite expensive.

No point in releasing a device intended for always on pocket computing, and then making it so expensive it can only be used safely in a secure home/office environment without an impending mugging. Such a device would have an incredibly small user base and would fail immediately as a concept. The key selling point of the coming not-Phones has to be flexibility and practicality. Without that, the form factor would obviously be pointless and even Ol' Nads can't be so silly as to try to flog that concept.

Some Gadget Geek

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

I'm looking into a 2-in-1 PC that has a keyboard attachment and a Windows Ink-compatible stylus pen with the intention of using Staffpad. I have learned about the Always-Connected PCs powered by Snapdragon, and think that would be just what I need until I realize that x86 hardware drivers would not work on these new PCs. If so, I would have had to consider an Intel-powered PC, but since I already have a full laptop for this purpose it wouldn't really matter much. Also, Intel-powered PCs tend to run Windows 10 Home instead of Windows 10 S, and, being a regular user of Remote Desktop Connection, I would want my PC to be ultimately running Pro, and the upgrade for Home costs twice as much as Windows 10 S. Availability of ports would only be a minor factor, since I can easily purchase a dual USB-A/C flash drive to move my files as necessary.

That being said, some of the devices I am considering are:
  • Surface Pro (2017)
  • Samsung Galaxy Book
  • HP Envy X3
  • HP Spectre 12
  • Lenovo Miix 630
  • Lenovo Tablet 10

inzenity

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Actually none, since i have high, very high, hopes for extremely light, small, portable 845 lap/net/2-1/books, which will be reasonably priced. Guessing that for 999 you will have something like a pixelbook, but even sexier and lighter, whilst still being able to perform your average daily tasks.

Money burning in my pocket, so bring it!

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Think if we were to purchase a new laptop this year it would be devoid of Windows as we rarely use those I own now. It'd probably be a MacBook Pro 15" but then again, the one I already own still meets my needs perfectly fine. So the chance of me actually purchasing a laptop this year are slim to none.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I've tweaked a few family members laptops lately. Upgrading to an ssd and 8gigs of ram makes the majority of them pretty solid with a windows 10 clean install. Can't believe how many laptops still have old style hard drives. YUCK

731 Woodworks

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I’m saving for the HP Spectre x360 with Intel® Core™ i7-8705G (3.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores) + Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics (4GB dedicated memory). Well I have been saving up for it. Hope to pull the trigger in the next day or 2!!!

ArtistJD

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I have used this Toshiba Satellite almost half my life. In fact, my friends made me believe that it is the only best laptop I would ever need all my life.

But since I feel it is time for a change, I am saving up for Apple 13.3-Inch MacBook Air laptop for my writings, movies, and school assignment.

Here is what I expect from this purchase:

1. 1.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5 Processor

1. HD Intel Graphics

1. 16 GB RAM (good for multi-tasking)

1. 128 GB flash storage

Planning to buy this one from Amazon, so I have to save a lot more extra money as the shipping charges outside the United States are way out of this world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans