What are the disadvantage of using Fast Charge option on a laptop?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I just got Lenovo Yoga 520, there's an option to enable fast charge, should I keep that on always? Or only in case of emergency?

Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Heat would be my first response. But I'm not sure that is a large concern any longer, due to how many devices are fast charging these days.

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I think it is more important to allow the battery to cycle periodically than worrying about whether the engineers designed the charging system poorly. If fast charging is an option, it should be designed to not present a detriment to battery life overall. Don't leave these devices, phones, tablets, laptops, connected to power 24/7. If you want to fast charge, go for it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe some have said it can cause increased wear but a largely negligible amount.

For the most part, do you want to be able to fast charge or not?

Also the load on the power grid would be negligible Biff Henderson, Bitcoin is a far greater threat in that regard.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it is more important to allow the battery to cycle periodically than worrying about whether the engineers designed the charging system poorly. If fast charging is an option, it should be designed to not present a detriment to battery life overall. Don't leave these devices, phones, tablets, laptops, connected to power 24/7. If you want to fast charge, go for it.
I've read once that connecting the device 24/7 is better than messed up cycles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6