Surface Andromeda Support Garnered on Change.org

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
@Mark Kaplan, good to see you I hope you and your family are doing well. I posted the following on the 3rd of July:

"Of course, Microsoft could introduce a Beta device testing program that could be assessed by the willing - at a reduced price and a promise to make good on meeting the future end goal (I would buy in)."

Because I would like to help develop the new format, but I have already done the full price for beta product thing with the 950XL. I feel MS could offer a discount to their loyal supports for being guinea pigs for this go round, with a promise to work it through or offer credit toward other MS products, if they abandon the project. That way there would be no sour grapes on the flip side.

Of course, I would be quite content to wait for them to iron out the wrinkles before release, too.

Good to see you too and I hope you and yours are good as well.
I remember your post. I agree but would still move forward with this even without a discount. I think there is enough of a niche group of us that even though we will ***** and moan all the way through, we will still be the first in line to buy what is offered. Why? Because we believe in the platform. Plain & simple. I have never missed a mobile OS more than I do W10M. Those that know me know why I had to switch or I would still be on it. Andromeda is another stepping stone but a stone I still want to be on.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a tool for volunteering personal information to Soros.

Oh, go away... :grincry: this forum isn't about politics it's about technology. Any more baiting, have no qualms in moderating your comments or anyone elses.

Keep it civil and on topic.

Edit: Looks like scripts aren't running well in Edge - hardly surprising >.< Thanks Microsoft, I look like a right i.d.i.o.t :grincry:(when I checked with edge the petition had zero signatures - 10.09 PM yesterday). I checked again on via Firefox on my desktop - it had zero signatures. Temp Enabled scripts (I use no script) and bam over 8k signatures.

Anyway signed.

Last edited:

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Encouraged to see so many non-English names and reasons as to why they signed. I've seen French, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Tamil (I believe) so far just in browsing a bit. W10M had greater % market share in many non-US regions than it did in the US. There's definitely an appetite for this device... and worldwide.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Almost 9,000 signed. Nice. Wonder how many needed before MS takes notice? Probably over 100,000.

Sent from mTalk

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Almost 9,000 signed. Nice. Wonder how many needed before MS takes notice? Probably over 100,000.

Sent from mTalk
Well, let's hope more and more sign it, I did. Change.org is a popular site and I have personally signed quite a few petitions there with no problems afterward. No one should worry about putting their name behind this.

Sent from mTalk

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I kind of figured the same, about 100,000 before Microsoft even bats an eyelid. Although I personally think that there's about 100 times the actual interest of whatever the final number comes out to be. Merely because this is a completely grassroots effort. There's no big backers pumping money into this thing to bring exposure to it. No TV ads. No radio commercials. No people on the streets and in shopping malls. Completely just a kid from Virginia and his computer.

Pokémon Go, back in 2016, before Nadella and Co. completely killed off W10M, actually got 115,000 signatures for Niantic to bring that game to Windows. Given that Poke Go was rather silly compared to this petition, I think it would be awesome if we got 100,000! If they were still making Lumia 950s I'd have no doubt in my mind it would reach that or even twice that.

All I know is that so far this thing is impressing me. It's neat how change.org has it set up too, when you refresh the page you can watch the names scroll on the screen of the last 20 or so folks to have signed the petition.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Yeah I kind of figured the same, about 100,000 before Microsoft even bats an eyelid. Although I personally think that there's about 100 times the actual interest of whatever the final number comes out to be. Merely because this is a completely grassroots effort. .

Just for the hell of it, I asked 5 of my closets friends what Microsoft's Andromeda was, no one knew what I was talking about. My point. If you're not an MS follower you probably have no clue what Andromeda is. If people don't know, they can't/won't sign.

Sent from mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

This is a good question. I would think it doesn’t matter much (not trying to be negative) because they have and will make decisions internally based on things like ability to get parts, costs, software progression, etc. They want these devices, if they become reality, to work properly, produce the results their customers will expect and not lose money.
The petition is more for fans to keep their hopes up while waiting for MS to get off their a** and let people know what the final answer is. I don’t like seeing honest people get jerked around.

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Just for the hell of it, I asked 5 of my closets friends what Microsoft's Andromeda was, no one knew what I was talking about. My point. If you're not an MS follower you probably have no clue what Andromeda is. If people don't know, they can't/won't sign.

Let me do that again with a quote...

Curious, do they even know what a Surface is?

anon(10458357)

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Just passed 10K this morning. Read about 20 French "reasons why I signed" in a row. All I can figure is some French blogger picked up on this. And that Twitter is playing a role. So if anyone has a couple thousand Twitter followers? What can it hurt?

10K.jpg

RirinDesuyo

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
Interesting growth for a petition that has basically zero major backing and advertisement, to garner quite a number. It's quite near 15k signups right now that some sites have picked it up. I do wonder how far it would go.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Interesting growth for a petition that has basically zero major backing and advertisement, to garner quite a number. It's quite near 15k signups right now that some sites have picked it up. I do wonder how far it would go.
Well we know for now where it's not going.

Although I think it might dry out from hits by next week. Something new maybe in the news will catch sails at some point.

It's a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa