Surface Laptop / Surface Go vs. Macbook 12: Motherboard

Iosif Mila

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I'm a big fan of Surface products and really love what Microsoft and Panos are doing with their hardware line.

Yesterday, after unveiling the Surface Go, i came across with the Youtube video posted by Microsoft Mechanics about how awesome their engineering is and how hard was to achieve something like "making the Surface Go small and yet powerful"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBxylZI4zl4

... and then I remembered something about the Macbook 12" Retina - see the comparison below:

new-macbook-logic-board-2-1180x787.jpg
(the Macbook motherboard supports 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5 without any fan. The Surface Go and Surface Laptop both have significantly larger motherboards)

BgFhPyLVZCnsyPhK.jpg
(Surface Laptop - Source iFixit)
Clipboard01.jpg
(Surface Go - Source Youtube Microsoft Mechanics)

The Macbook motherboard supports 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5 without any fan. The Surface Go and Surface Laptop both have significantly larger motherboards.

Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate and love the Surface team, but sometime they over exaggerate on presenting things like if its extraordinary or never seen before.

Now how do you explain this witchcraft :evil: ?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One is a laptop with the parts spread across two folding sections. The digitizer is in the screen, possibly as I haven't seen the diagrams, etc

the other is a hybrid that fits everything into one section. Absolutely everything. Pretty obvious really.

Iosif Mila

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thats why I also posted the Surface Laptop motherboard, for fair comparison.

Just look at how tiny the Macbook motherboard is vs the Surface Laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo