So there is a promotion going on at my local bank where I can get a Ipad 9.7 2018 for about $200 Canadian.

I wanted to avoid Apple products if possible, but I cannot find any Windows alternative that can rival the Ipad at the $200 price.

For the people using Ipads on here how do you like using it with the Windows services?
    07-28-2018 03:33 PM
    Microsoft and Apple play very well together, it wouldn't be an issue at all. You can even set your default search to Bing as well.
    Laura Knotek and Elky64 like this.
    07-28-2018 08:08 PM
    I'm using an iPad Mini while my wife uses the 9.7 variety (1st, 4th and 2017 gen), along with her iPhone. Microsoft's apps/services work well enough for our needs on all of them.
    skstrials and libra89 like this.
    07-29-2018 02:33 PM
    Chuwi Surbook Mini?

A few compromises like flex in the keyboard, no precision mouse, pen is a waste of time, but good value as a tablet in some aspects- surface 3 screen for example, decent enough processor. Would depend on the use pattern if it was a good fit.

200 bucks is hard to beat in a windows tablet right now. With tablets like the above, you'll get some compromises, whereas the ipad you won't. A solid laptop I could maybe find for that price, and there's some decent older tablets for around that price, but we are kind of between releases atm, as far as tablets - newer ones are more expensive, decent but pricier than 200, older ones are getting a bit long in the tooth (atom etc).

Intel is on a trickle with it's mobile processors, and the better than atom processors that are also low power have only been hitting the low price OEMs recently (last year or so), as such they are still pricier (as I said, some good cheap laptops though).

ipad is a decent tablet platform. Windows is better for power apps and games, of course, but if you are going basement level, you don't get as much benefit from that (ideally you want a decent typecover/keyboard, or at least stylus, and some processing power). ipad has the MSFT ecosystem though, and it's got a strong app/game platform for tablets, unlike android. Not a bad choice, especially for 200 bucks!
    07-29-2018 06:25 PM