Hi,

Recently I'm shifting in to a new home, the area of my home is 1400 square feet. Kindly let me know what is the best WiFi mesh router according to my need?

looking forward for positive response.
    10-06-2018 08:24 AM
    No one here to response. Any way, I research and found all website listed have the same devices. It's hard for me to choose which one is best for me.

Here is the list I found

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-...s-mesh-routers
    https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/350795...etwork-systems
    https://www.viadeal.com/best-wifi-mesh-network/
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...tworking-kits/
    10-07-2018 03:56 AM
    Hi,

Recently I'm shifting in to a new home, the area of my home is 1400 square feet. Kindly let me know what is the best WiFi mesh router according to my need?

looking forward for positive response.
    If price is an issue, I found UNIFI by Ubiquiti works really well. The software wasn't that great, but it is manageable.
    Looked into Google Mesh network as another option. But I cannot comment on it since I haven't tested.
    10-08-2018 01:16 PM
    Easiest mesh kits to setup are Eero, Linksys Velop, Netgear Orbi. they can be setup and managed via smartphone app. Netgear kits have extra Ethernet ports to hardwire in devices.

If you plan to connect USB hard drives for network shared access, you're out of luck. Most mesh kits do not offer that.

I am currently using the Linksys EA9500 single unit router but may upgrade for dual USB 3.0 PORTS as I can us two external USB hard drives, 8TB each. works great.

However, if you want ease and wifi only get the EERO. They have Ethernet backhaul once they're set up wirelessly, if your home has wired Ethernet inside the walls. For faster connection, latency and speeds.

If you want GOOD wifi, don't skimp out. Get the top kit $500. You can also add up to 7 total units if you need. plus you can bridge network if you already have a wireless gateway from your ISP.

GL
    10-08-2018 10:21 PM
    If price is an issue, I found UNIFI by Ubiquiti works really well. The software wasn't that great, but it is manageable.
    Looked into Google Mesh network as another option. But I cannot comment on it since I haven't tested.
    Thank you for the response.

Kindly do let me know which device you use and what is the area that device covered?
    10-11-2018 12:42 PM
    Easiest mesh kits to setup are Eero, Linksys Velop, Netgear Orbi. they can be setup and managed via smartphone app. Netgear kits have extra Ethernet ports to hardwire in devices.

If you plan to connect USB hard drives for network shared access, you're out of luck. Most mesh kits do not offer that.

I am currently using the Linksys EA9500 single unit router but may upgrade for dual USB 3.0 PORTS as I can us two external USB hard drives, 8TB each. works great.

However, if you want ease and wifi only get the EERO. They have Ethernet backhaul once they're set up wirelessly, if your home has wired Ethernet inside the walls. For faster connection, latency and speeds.

If you want GOOD wifi, don't skimp out. Get the top kit $500. You can also add up to 7 total units if you need. plus you can bridge network if you already have a wireless gateway from your ISP.

GL
    Thank you for the detail reply.

What do you say about Linksys Velop Tri-band? I think it's good for my need.

My budget is around $400.
    10-11-2018 12:50 PM
    Linksys Velop is good too. Not as easy to setup, but still fairly easy.
    10-11-2018 01:08 PM