Which one is better overall?
    10-07-2018 05:10 PM
    Can only say on specs, and I'd say which ever is cheaper, taking into consideration that I have no idea what the quality of the Samsung device is like. Surface devices certainly look and feel premium on the outside, however enough people have post-warranty problems, and I don't have much faith in MS devices after the warranty runs out.

With that said, I much prefer the 1920x1280 resolution, since my OCD says that you can watch FHD video without any pixel scaling, it's something. I think MS purposely hobbled the Go in this regard.

Otherwise, battery life looks like it may be a problem with the Galaxy, however, get a 20,000mah power bank and you'll be good for portable power, don't need to worry about AC power at all then.
    10-07-2018 06:49 PM
    Which one is better overall?
    , I think the Go is slightly better as a tablet since it is lighter. Also I think the Go has a better igpu but I am not entirely sure, so that would make it better for playing indie or older Steam/GOG/Store games.
    IO seems to be better on the Go (never thought I would say that IO is better on a Surface product lol).
    The Book also has no Kickstand, just a cover.
    The Go is also newer so things like Bluetooth are probably more up to date.
    Also while the Go is more expensive with all the accessorizes, the accessorizes themselves seem to be more premium & better featured.

That all being said, if you can get the Book at a good sale it is probably a better deal than the Go not in sale, IF the battery has not deteriorated to much (you can check it through windows battery log).
    10-08-2018 05:24 AM