surface go or surface pro for 2nd pc for at home/travel

nvtsAllo

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
I have a ThinkPad x1c gen 6 for work but I am an IT Director and find myself checking on things on small trips and around the house. The idea of the surface go seemed to fit the bill but after using it I am not so sure. I had my virus protection on and found browsing multiple websites slow and when pruning thru my photo collection there were several times the surface froze and I had to wait. I even removed my AV and that helped but still I can only do one task at a time or it gets un useable. This is the 8gb 128gb ssd version.

I was looking at the deals on the pro and I can get the i5 8gb 128gb ssd version for $800 with keyboard. I just do not know if I should live with the shortcomings of the go?

Or get the pro for $250 more?

Or return and wait for 2019 to see if we get some faster tablets?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a ThinkPad x1c gen 6 for work but I am an IT Director and find myself checking on things on small trips and around the house. The idea of the surface go seemed to fit the bill but after using it I am not so sure. I had my virus protection on and found browsing multiple websites slow and when pruning thru my photo collection there were several times the surface froze and I had to wait. I even removed my AV and that helped but still I can only do one task at a time or it gets un useable. This is the 8gb 128gb ssd version.

I was looking at the deals on the pro and I can get the i5 8gb 128gb ssd version for $800 with keyboard. I just do not know if I should live with the shortcomings of the go?

Or get the pro for $250 more?

Or return and wait for 2019 to see if we get some faster tablets?
, if you liked to use the Go in your hands / as a tablet, than I would recommend you to wait for 2019 10 inch windows tablet with better performance or the Go 2 (probably mid-end 2019 or begin 2020 I guess).

If you just want a compact & light Windows pc, a Surface Pro or Lenovo Miix or Acer Switch or such would be a good choice. If weight is less of an issue, you may also try a 11-13 inch Windows ultrabook or convertible with thin bezels.
Another idea is to get something 2nd-handed, like the HP or Dell business variants of the Surface Pro line.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Go for the Pro model. Out of interest, do you use Chrome on your Surface? I use Chrome on my Surface Pro and sometimes Chrome can be a memory hog and cause everything to slow down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb