CPU Scratched.... Would it still work?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
When I took off the heatsink. I didn't see no plate on top of the cpu like you were showing me on these videos. Though if you look at my recent posts. Things looks good. :)

Interesting, guess to reduce height the OEM removed the IHS.

Saw the screenshots and things do look good!

Just be sure to buy an external laptop fan or something lol when doing anything intensive as you most likely will thermal throttle.

Did you download + install HWiNFO?

That will give you a better idea on the individual core temps.

Shouldn't the idle and stress temp screenshots be the other way round?
winktongue.png

inew cpu dle temps
View attachment 140416

new cpu stress test
View attachment 140415

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Just be sure to buy an external laptop fan or something lol when doing anything intensive as you most likely will thermal throttle.

Shouldn't the idle and stress temp screenshots be the other way round? https://forums.windowscentral.com/images/smilies/wpcentral20/winktongue.png

Id say very weird. Though on that note right now my cpu at idle is at 55C I presume there no way to get it down to 45C like the duel core was?

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Shouldn't the idle and stress temp screenshots be the other way round? https://forums.windowscentral.com/images/smilies/wpcentral20/winktongue.png

As for the screenshots you right I just turn it around lol. Though got a question :S I recently got a broadband module into my laptop. And I attempted to put my cell phone sim into it with an adapter but.... I didn't relize the adapter I got was only for cell pones not laptops. What makes matters worse is when I try to get it out a 3rd time after missing around with the sim. It out of no where just slip right into the sim slot and im looking in it and I cant see the adapter now or my sim. :S It like went some were in there and not sure what I should do. :( As for the module I can't even get it to work as a gps :\ when I look online and it say rgps or whatever. -.- I assuming it only works when you have broadband?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Id say very weird. Though on that note right now my cpu at idle is at 55C I presume there no way to get it down to 45C like the duel core was?

Nope, not without any modifications or an external cooling solution like a laptop fan(s) attached to the base. Such as this -
s-l1000.jpg

As for the screenshots you right I just turn it around lol. Though got a question :S I recently got a broadband module into my laptop. And I attempted to put my cell phone sim into it with an adapter but.... I didn't relize the adapter I got was only for cell pones not laptops. What makes matters worse is when I try to get it out a 3rd time after missing around with the sim. It out of no where just slip right into the sim slot and im looking in it and I cant see the adapter now or my sim. :S It like went some were in there and not sure what I should do. :( As for the module I can't even get it to work as a gps :\ when I look online and it say rgps or whatever. -.- I assuming it only works when you have broadband?

Don't suppose you could provide images?

You may be able to retrieve it using tweezers but without images I can't say for certain.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Nope, not without any modifications or an external cooling solution like a laptop fan(s) attached to the base. Such as this -
View attachment 140453

Don't suppose you could provide images?

You may be able to retrieve it using tweezers but without images I can't say for certain.

Thanks for the first response. As for the SIM card slot its right behind where the battery is at. I would have to take off the back panel in hope to get where the slim slot holder is at since that where i hear all the shaking movement of the adapters and nano sim. -.- If I didn't have too do that nd just be able to pull it out from the sim lot i would though I don't see anything in there when I shine a flash light from what i see. :(

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the first response. As for the SIM card slot its right behind where the battery is at. I would have to take off the back panel in hope to get where the slim slot holder is at since that where i hear all the shaking movement of the adapters and nano sim. -.- If I didn't have too do that nd just be able to pull it out from the sim lot i would though I don't see anything in there when I shine a flash light from what i see. :(

Ouch, that sucks... well nothing much you can do other than take of the back panel.

As any other solution is just messy as it involves using blutack and sticky tapes but it all depends where your nano sim + adapter is stuck...

Also do you have any pry tools?

If not I would recommend investing in a ifixit tool kit as it sounds like it will come in handy for you :).

androomidaa

May 21, 2019
Visit site
The CPU looks fine, not sure how you're going to place the heatsink though, the top part where you apply the thermal paste seems to be missing. The bottom looks fine. You can order and try the CPU since you have 5 days warranty. If the CPU is DOA you can always claim on eBay if not you can always open a dispute with Paypal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett